Investigations on the Vibrational Behaviour of Gas Turbogenerator Units at the First Start-up: Aims and Methodology. Case Histories on 120 MW Units
The paper illustrates methods and results of an investigation on the dynamic behaviour of gas turbine units, about which there was no previous operation experience in the Company. Deep insight into the dynamic response was gained. Vibration problems were early detected and their solution could be promptly devised by the manufacturers.
The use of experimental and numerical tools is described and the advantages of performing such activity on new turbogenerator units are discussed.
KeywordsMode Shape Critical Speed Vibration Measurement Vibration Monitoring Shaft Line
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.Benanti, C.Frigeri, G.Silvestri: Vibration Monitoring and Mechanical Faults Diagnostics on Large Rotating Machinery in ENEL Power Plants, IFToMM/CISM Symposium on “Diagnostic of Rotating Machines in Power Plants” - Udine(ITALY) - October 27÷29. 1993Google Scholar
- 2.R.Bernante, C.Frigeri, A.Vallini, G.A.Zanetta: Diagnostic Oriented Flexural Vibration Monitoring Systems for LargeTurbogenerator Units. AIPnD Int.Conf. on“Monitoring and Predictive Maintenance of Plants and Structures ” Florence (ITALY) 17–20 May 1992Google Scholar
- 3.LMS CADA-X. General Concepts Manual-CADA-X-0200-UM-02Google Scholar
- 4.DYTSO4 USER’S GUIDE-CEGB-RD/L/P-15/80-JOB No.VE316Google Scholar
- 5.G.A.Zanetta: An Interactive Version of the Balancing Program “EKILB” and Remarks on the Tests Performed on Models, ENEL Internal Report No. 330.012–6 rapp. 649/86-Nov 1986Google Scholar
- 6.C.Frigeri, M.Tonsi, G.A.Zanetta: Theoretical and Practical Aspects in the Field Balanc ing of Large Turbogenerator Rotors. Int. Conf. “ROTORDYNAMICS ‘82”-Venice (ITALY) 28÷30 April 1992- Springer- Verlag 1992Google Scholar