Experimental Estimation of Vibrational Symptom Limit Values for Large Steam Turbines
The paper deals with methods of vibrational symptom limit value determination for large steam turbines on the basis of experimental results. Such methods are conceived to provide quantitative data, necessary for turbine operation, maintenance and diagnostics. Various methods are described and discussed in terms of their suitability for this purpose. Two of them, based on vibration trends analysis and statistical data processing, respectively, are described in details and illustrated with examples, taken from the authors’ own experience.
KeywordsSteam Turbine Vibration Signal Rotor Blade Vibration Level Vibration Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Orlowski, Z.: Vibrodiagnostics of Steam Turbines. Proceedings of the Institute of Power Engineering, vol.18, Warsaw, 1989 (in Polish)Google Scholar
- 2.Morel, J.: Vibrations of Machines and Diagnostics of their Technical Condition, Editions Eyrolles, Paris, 1992 (in French)Google Scholar
- 3.Orlowski, Z. and Galka, T.: Diagnostics of Large Turbines on the Basis of Vibration Trends Analysis, in: Proceedings of the 10th School of Diagnostics, Poznan, 1992, 229–234Google Scholar
- 4.Orlowski, Z. and Galka, T.: Influence of Turbine Modernization on its Basic Vibration Spectra, in: Proceedings of 5th International Congress on Condition Monitoring and Diagnostic Engineering Management COMADEM’93, Bristol, 1993, 442–447Google Scholar
- 5.Cempel, C.: Determination of vibration symptom limit value in diagnostic of machinery, Maintenance Management International, 5 (1985), 297–304Google Scholar
- 6.Cempel, C.: Vibroacoustic Condition Monitoring, Ellis Horwood, London, 1991Google Scholar