Vibration Diagnostic Expert System for Steam Turbines
A vibration diagnostic system has been developed for the main steam turbine of a 375MW fossil power plant. The diagnostic system continuously monitors the shaft vibration of the main steam turbine as well as various process data. Also, the system uses an Al expert system to diagnose the cause of vibration owing to the turbine failure or malfunctions as they occur or tend to occur.
The system configuration, functions and applications are presented.
KeywordsSteam Turbine Rotor System Certainty Factor Diagnosis Result Revolution Speed
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Yamaguchi, M. Higuchi, C. Yasuda, T. Sasaki, H. Masada and R. Ito: Diagnostic System Based on Vibration Measurement for Rotating Machines, Mitsubishi Juko Giho Vol. 24 No. 5 (1987).Google Scholar
- 2.C. Yasuda: Fault Diagnosis and Predictive Maintenance of Steam Turbine, Turbo Machinery Vol. 16 No. 7 (1988).Google Scholar
- 3.K. Shiraki and H. Kanki: Vibration Problem in Machinery Industry, Study of Machinery Vol.29 No.7 — Vol. 30 No. 1 (1977).Google Scholar
- 4.Collacott, A. R.: Mechanical Diagnosis and Condition Monitoring, Chapman & Hall, 1977.Google Scholar
- 5.K. Noguchi, R. Murata, T. Yoshikawa, H. Kobayashi, and K. Yoshida: Tool for Building Expert System — MASTER, Mitsubishi Juko Giho Vol. 24 No. 5 (1987).Google Scholar
- 6.Van Melle, W. A.: A Domain Independent System that Aids in Constructing Knowledge Based Consultation Programs, Ph. D. Dissertation, Stanford Univ., STANCS-80–820 (1980).Google Scholar