Parallel Manipulators with Controlled Complianace
The present paper studies parallel manipulators and the possibilities for synthesis of their impedance parameters — damping and compliance. A mechanical model is presented, accounting for the closeness of the mechanical structure. Synthesis of impedance parameters of the end effector is performed as a function of the impedance parameters in the manipulator joints, at different manipulator structures. The influence of the manipulator position and geometry on the impedance parameters is considered. An optimization procedure for stiffness synthesis is proposed, by choosing the optimization parameters to be stiffnesses in joints as well as manipulator geometric parameters.
KeywordsParallel Manipulator Generalize Parameter Manipulator Joint Manipulator Link Impedance Parameter
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .Hogan, N., Impedance control: an approach to manipulation, ASME Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and Control, 1985, pp. 1–24.Google Scholar
- .Konstantinov, M., Methodologic der Rechnerunterstuetzen Struktursynthese and Kinematic Analyse von Mechanismen und Robotern, Int. Symp. in Education of TMM and Robotics, SEMEMATRO’82, Blagoevgrad, Bulgaria, 1982, Vol. 1, p. 179.Google Scholar
- .Parushev, P., D. Chakarov, Structural investigation of manipulators with linear drives, 8th CISMIFToMM Symposium on Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators Ro.Man.Sy’90, Cracow, Poland, 1990, pp. 151–158.Google Scholar
- .Chakarov, D., Investigations on the mechanics of parallel manipulators with controlled compliance, 38. Internationales Wissenschaftliches Kolloquium TU Ilmenau, Germany, 1993, p. 516–520.Google Scholar
- .Yokoi, K., M. Kaneko and K. Tanie, Direct compliance control of parallel link manipulators, 8th SISM-IFToMM Symposium on Theory and Practice of Robots and Manipulators Ro.Man.Sy’90, Cracow, Poland, 1990, p. 224.Google Scholar
- .Chakarov, D., Structural synthesis of parallel manipulators with controlled compliance, Int. Seminar on the Dynamical and Strength Analysis of Driving Systems, Svratka, Czech Republic, 1993, pp. 111–114.Google Scholar
- .Lilov, L., and J. Wittenburg, Bewengungsgleichungen fuer Systems Starrer Koerper mit Gelenken beliebeger Eigenschaften, ZAMM, 57, 1977.Google Scholar
- .Lipkin, H. and T. Patterson, Generalized Center of Compliance and Stiffness, IEEE Int. Conf. on Robot. and Autom., Nice, France, 1992, pp. 1251–1256.Google Scholar