Strain Measurement Inside Composite Materials by Fiber Optic Bragg Gratings
This section summarizes the results to analyse the behaviour of fibre Bragg gratings when submitted to longitudinal non-uniform strain fields, and to decode the strain field applied to the grating by integrating its spectral information.
KeywordsFibre Bragg Grating Longitudinal Strain Wavelength Shift Bragg Wavelength Health Monitaring System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Leblanc, S. Y. Iluang, and R. M. Measures, Fiber optic Bragg intra-grating strain gradient sensing. Smart Structures and Materials 1995: Proceedings of the Meeting. SP/E-2444, pp. 136–147, 1995.Google Scholar
- 2.M. Leblanc, S. Y. Huang, M. M. Ohn, A. Guerres, and A. Othonos, Distributed strain measurement based on a fiber Bragg grating and its reflection spectrum analysis. Optical Letters,vol. 21, n. 17, pp. 1405–1407, 19%.Google Scholar
- J. A. Giiemes, S. Diaz-Carrillo, and J. M. Menendez, Measurement of strain distribution in bonded joints by fiber Bragg Gratings. Smart Structures and Materials 1998; Proceedings of the Meeting, SPIE-3330,p. 264–271, San Diego, CA, 1998.Google Scholar
- 4.J. M. Menendez, and J. A. Giiemes, Strain measurements inside thick CFRP laminates at the-vicinity of bolted joints. Smart Structures and Materials /999; Proceedings of the Meeting. SPIE-3670, p. 184–194, Newport, CA. 1999Google Scholar
- 5.B. E. A. Saleh, and M.C. Teich, Fundamental of Photonics, Wiley lnterscience, 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.C. M. Lawrence, D. V. Nelson, and E. Udd, Measurement of transverse strains with fiber Bragg gratings, Smart Structures and Materials 1998: Proceedings of the Meeting, SP/E-2444, pp. 136–147, 1995.Google Scholar
- 7.G. B. Hocker, Fiber-optic sensing of pressure and temperature, Applied Optics, vol. 18, n. 9, 1979.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Bertholds, and R. Dandliker, Determination of the strain-optic coefficients in single mode optical fibers, Journal of Lightwave Technology, vol. 6 n. I, p. 17–20, 1988.Google Scholar