Robust Techniques for Data Preprocessing
A summary on numerical cartography and digital photogrammetry, taking into account also some aspect of GIS’s and image processing, is presented, in order to list the principal problems of spatially referenced data analysis.
As it is very well known, reliability and robustness are important properties, that may be assured in the data analysis by using suitable advanced techniques, but their introduction in the collocation method is at present problematic.
An attempt to introduce robust estimators in the collocation method, taking into account the different steps in which it is split, has been done and the results are here presented and discussed.
KeywordsCollocation Method Covariance Estimation Image Match Robust Estimator Robust Technique
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Burrough P. A. (1986): Principles of Geographical Information Systems for Land Resources Assessment. Claderon Press, Oxford.Google Scholar
- 3.Foley J. D., Dam A., Feiner S. K., Hughes J. F. (1990): Computer Graphics - Principles and Practice. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- 4.Gonzalez R. C., Woods R. E. (1992): Digital Image Processing. Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, Reading, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- 5.Hempel F. R., Ronchetti E. M., Rousseeuw P. J., Stahel W. A. (1986): Robust Statistics - The Approach Based on Influence Functions. John Wiley & Sons, New York.Google Scholar
- 6.Hoschek J., Lasser D., Schumaker L. L. (1989): Fundamentals of Computer Aided Geometric Design. A. K. Peters, Wellesley, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- 8.Lim J. S. (1990): Two-Dimensional Signal And Image Processing. P. T. R. Prentice Hall, Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey.Google Scholar
- 9.Maguire D. J., Goodchild M. F., Rhind D.W. (1991): Geographical Information Systems - Principles and Applications - Volume 1: Principles - Volume 2: Applications. Longman Scientific & Technical, John Wiley & Sons, New York.Google Scholar
- 11.Lothar S. (1982): Applied Statistics - Method look of Techniques. Springer-Verlag, New York.Google Scholar
- 12.Schowengerd R. A. (1983): Techniques for Image Processing and Classification in Remote Sensing. Academic Press, New York.Google Scholar