Fuzzy Shell Cluster Analysis
In this paper we survey the main approaches to fuzzy shell cluster analysis which is simply a generalization of fuzzy cluster analysis to shell like clusters, i.e. clusters that lie in nonlinear subspaces. Therefore we introduce the main principles of fuzzy cluster analysis first. In the following we present some fuzzy shell clustering algorithms In many applications it is necessary to determine the number of clusters as well as the classification of the data set. Subsequently therefore we review the main ideas of unsupervised fuzzy shell cluster analysis. Finally we present an application of unsupervised fuzzy shell cluster analysis in computer vision.
KeywordsCluster Algorithm Fuzzy Cluster Membership Degree Fuzzy Cluster Algorithm Linear Cluster
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Davé, R.N.: Use of the Adaptive Fuzzy Clustering Algorithm to Detect Lines in Digital Images, Proc. Intelligent Robots and Computer Vision VIII, 1192 (1989), 600–611.Google Scholar
- Gustafson, E.E. and Kessel, W.C.: Fuzzy Clustering with a Fuzzy Covariance Matrix, IEEE CDC, San Diego, Californien, 1979, 761–766.Google Scholar
- Höppner, F., Klawonn, F. and Kruse, R.: Fuzzy-Clusteranalyse. Verfahren für die Bilderkennung, Klassifikation und Datenanalyse, Vieweg, Braunschweig 1996.Google Scholar
- Krishnapuram, R. and Keller, J.: Fuzzy and Possibilistic Clustering Methods for Computer Vision, Neural Fuzzy Sytems 12 (1994), 133–159.Google Scholar
- Moore, J.J.: The Levenberg-Marquardt Algorithm: Implementation and Theory, in: Numerical Analysis (Ed. Watson, G.A. ), Springer, Berlin, 1977, 105–116.Google Scholar