Simulation of an Anthropomorphic Running Robot Using the Multibody Code Mechanica Motion
The main scope of this paper is twofold: an algorithm to control the motion of an anthropomorphic running robot is presented and a description is given of the commercial multibody code MECHANICA Motion, used for the simulations. Attention is given to the simulation code to show that it is possible to simulate rather unconventional mechanisms, such as legged robots, using general purpose multibody codes, thus avoiding the time-consuming task of writing a software code for the specific model at hand.
KeywordsStance Phase Forward Velocity Quadruped Robot Global Center Flight Phase
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R.R. Playter, M.H. Raibert, 1992, Control of a Biped Somersault in 3D, Proceedings 1992 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Raleigh, USA, pp. 582–589.Google Scholar
- 5.J.J. Helferty, J.B. Collins, M. Kam, 1989, A Neural Network Learning Strategy for the Control of a One-Legged Hopping Machine, Proceedings 1989 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, Scottsdale, USA, pp. 1604–1609.Google Scholar
- 6.Z. Li, J. He, 1990, An Energy Perturbation Approach to Limit Cycle Analysis in Legged Locomotion Systems, Proceedings 29th Conference on Decision and Control, Honolulu, Hawaii, pp. 1989–1994.Google Scholar
- 9.H. De Man, D. Lefeber, F. Daerden, E. Faignet, 1996, Simulation of a New Control Algorithm for a One-Legged Hopping Robot (Using the Multibody Code MECHANICA Motion), Proceedings International Workshop on Advanced Robotics and Intelligent Machines, April 2–3, Manchester, U.K.Google Scholar
- 10.V.K. Papantoniou, 1991, Theoretical and Experimental Approach on Actively Balanced Legged Robots, Ph.D dissertation, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium.Google Scholar
- 11.M. Mehrandezh, B.W. Surgenor, S.R.H. Dean, 1995, Jumping Height Control of an Electrically Actuated, One-Legged Hopping Robot: Modelling and Simulation, Proceedings 34th IEEE Conference on Decision and Control, New Orleans, USA, pp. 1016–1020.Google Scholar
- 12.H. Rad, P. Gregorio, M. Buehler, 1993, Design, Modeling and Control of a Hopping Robot, Proceedings 1993 IEEE/RSJ International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems, Yokohama, Japan, pp. 1778–1785.Google Scholar
- 13.M. Gokan, K. Yamafuji, H. Yoshinada, 1994, Postural Stabilization and Motion Control of the Rope-Hopping Robot, JSME International Journal Series C, vol. 37, no. 4, pp. 739–747.Google Scholar