Constrained Periodic Optimization of Finite Automata
The problem of Periodic Optimization of finite autornata is here considered with reference to the case where either “path constraints” or “integral constraints” are present. Algorithms are presented for both problems and structural properties of their solutions are discussed. The theory here developped is shown to fit with significant applications.
KeywordsMinimum Span Tree Travelling Salesman Problem Finite Automaton Constraint Rate Optimal Cycle
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- L. FRATTA, F. MAFFIOLI, ‘On Heuristically Guided Algorithm for the Travelling Salesman Problem“ Proceedings of the Int. Congr. of Cybernetics and Systems, August 28-September 3, 1972, Oxford, U.K.Google Scholar
- E.L. LAWLER, “ Optimal Cycles in Doubly Weighted Direct ed Linear Graphs” Theorie des Graphes, Int. Symp. Roma, Italy, July 1966, Dunou, Faris.Google Scholar
- G.B. DANTZIG, W.O. BLATTNER and M.R. RAO, “ Finding a Cycle in a Graph with Minimum Cost to Time Ratio with Application to a Ship Routing Problem’’, Theorie des Graphes Int. Symp. Roma Italy, July 1966, Dunod, Paris.Google Scholar
- I.V. ROMANOVSKII, “ Optimization of Stationary Control of a Discrete Deterministic Process” Kibernetika, Vol. 3, N.2, pp. 66–78, March-April 1967. ( American translation in Cybernetics).Google Scholar
- B. FOX, “ Finding Minimal Cost-Time Ratio Circuits” Operations Research, vol. 17, N.3, PP. 564550, May-June 1969.Google Scholar
- R. REITER, “Scheduling Parallel Computations”, J. of ACM, vol. 15, N.4, PP. 590–599, Oct. 1968.Google Scholar
- P. MIGLIARESE, P. PALERMO, C. ROVEDA, “A Problem of Sequencing for Artificial Fibres Industries”, Ricerca Operativa, vol.1, N.1, pp. 37–40, Jan. 1971 (in Italian).Google Scholar