Multiple Input/Output Analysis: An Identification Tool in Acoustics
An overview is given of digital techniques which can be applied to analyse acoustical multiple input/output systems. The overview includes frequency domain as well as time domain techniques. The merits and limits of techniques such as correlation, coherence, and transfer function analysis when applied to source localization and transmission path identification problems will be discussed. Recent techniques such as partial and virtual coherence or structural inverse filtering (force identification) have been included in this survey.
KeywordsCoherence Function Transmission Path Virtual Source Vibration Source Partial Coherence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3).P.R. WAGSTAFF, J.C. HENRIO, ‘Identification of noise sources in steam turbine plant using multiple input analysis on a digital computer’ Proc. of Noise Con 85, pp. 293–297Google Scholar
- 4).J. LEURIDAN, M. MERGEAY, U. VANDEURZEN, G. DESANGHERE, ‘Multiple input estimation of frequency response functions for experimental modal analysis: currently used method and some new developments’ Proc. 9th Int. Seminar on Modal Analysis, 1984, L.M.S., Leuven, BelgiumGoogle Scholar
- 5).S.M. PRICE, R.J. BERNHARD, ‘Virtual coherence: a’digital signal processing technique for incoherent source identification’ Proc. IMAC4, pp.1256–1262, 1986, Union College, Schenectady, USAGoogle Scholar
- 6).P. VANDEPONSEELE, ‘Applications of coherence techniques, Proc. 8th Int. Seminar on Modal Analysis, part3b, 1983, K.U.Leuven, BelgiumGoogle Scholar
- 7).B. NOBEL, J. DANIEL, ‘Applied linear algebra’, Second Edition, Prentice Hall, 1977Google Scholar
- 8).H. BATHELT, ‘Analyse der korperschall-ubertragungswege in kraftfahrzeugen ’ Automobil-Industrie, 1/81, pp.27–34.Google Scholar
- 9).D. ROESEMS, ‘Analysis of structure-borne transmission paths’ Proc.6th Int. Seminar on Modal Analysis, 1981, K.U.Leuven, BelgiumGoogle Scholar
- 10).G. DESANGHERE, ‘Identification of external forces based on frequency response measurements’ Proc.8th Int. Seminar on Modal Analysis, part3b, K.U.Leuven, Belgium.Google Scholar
- 11).R.E. POWELL, W. SEERING, ‘Multichannel structural inverse filtering’ Transactions of the ASME, Vol. 106, pp. 22–28, 1984Google Scholar
- 12).P. SAS ‘The use of digital signal processing techniques in acoustic noise source localisation, including acoustic intensity measurements’ Phd. thesis, K.U.Leuven, 1982, Belgium.Google Scholar