A Gradient Method for Elastic-Plastic Analysis of Structures
The systems governing the elastic, elastoplastic and plastic limit analysis of structures are encoded as mathematical programming problems. An iterative procedure based in the gradient method is presented and adapted for the solution of each of the aforementioned classes of structural analysis problems.
KeywordsQuadratic Programming Problem Step Increment Mathematical Programming Problem Elastoplastic Analysis Active Inequality
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Cohn, M.Z. and G. Maier (Ed.): Engineering Plasticity by Mathematical Programming, Pergammon, 1979Google Scholar
- 2.Freitas, J.A.T. and J.P.B.M. Almeida: A nonlinear projection method for constrained optimization, Civ. Engrg. Syst., 1, 1984Google Scholar
- 3.Freitas, J.A.T.: Elastoplastic analysis of skeletal structures, Mathematical Programming Methods in Structural Plasticity, CISM, Udine, 1986Google Scholar
- 4.Jennings, A.: Matrix Computation for Engineers and Scientists, Wiley, 1977Google Scholar
- 5.Burden, R.L. and J.D. Faires: Numerical Analysis, PWS, 1985Google Scholar
- 6.Hestenes, M.R. and E. Steifez: Methods of conjugate gradients for solving linear systems, Nat. Sur. Rept. nr. 1659, 1952Google Scholar
- 7.Ginsburg, T.: The conjugate gradient methods, Numer. Math., 5, 1963Google Scholar