Finite-Amplitude Waves in Mooney-Rivlin and Hadamard Materials
These lectures deal with the the propagation of finite amplitude plane waves in Mooney-Rivlin and Hadamard elastic materials which are maintained in a state of arbitrary static homogeneous deformation. Exact plane wave solutions are presented for arbitrary propagation direction. The energy properties of these waves are investigated.
KeywordsLongitudinal Wave Wave Speed Finite Amplitude Principal Plane Principal Stretch
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Born, M., and Wolf, E. (1980). Principles of Optics. Oxford: Pergamon, 6th edition.Google Scholar
- Boulanger, Ph., and Hayes, M. (1995b). The common conjugate directions of plane sections of two concentric ellipsoids. In Casey, J., and Crochet, M. J., eds., Theoretical, experimental, and numerical contributions to the mechanics of fluids and solids. Special Issue of Z Angew. Math. Phys., 46: 356–371CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Boulanger, Ph., and Hayes, M. (1996). Largest and least phase and energy speeds for plane waves in deformed Mooney-Rivlin materials. In Batra, R. C., and Beatty, M. F., eds., Contemporary research in the mechanics and mathematics of materials. Barcelona: CIMNE. 145–150.Google Scholar
- Hadamard, J. (1903). Leçons sur la propagation des ondes et les équations de l’hydrodynamique. Paris: Hermann (reprinted, New York: Chelsea, 1949 ).Google Scholar
- Partington, J. R. (1953). An advanced treatise on physical chemestry, Vol. 4. London: Longmans, Green and Co.Google Scholar