Part of the International Centre for Mechanical Sciences book series (CISM, volume 424)
Universal Solutions and Relations in Finite Elasticity
Let us consider an isotropic, uniform, unconstrained hyperelastic material.
KeywordsStrain Energy Density Cauchy Stress Tensor Incompressible Material Response Coefficient Universal Relation
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aron, M. (1994) On a class of plane deformations of compressible nonlinearly elastic solids, [MA J. of Appl. Math. 52, 289–296.Google Scholar
- Beatty, M.F. (1996) Introduction to nonlinear elasticity in Nonlinear Effects in Fluids and Solids edited by M.M. Carroll and M.A. Hayes (1996) pp 16–112 Plenum Press N.Y.Google Scholar
- Beatty, M.F. and Saccomandi, G (2000) Universal Relations for Fiber Reinforced Materials, to appear.Google Scholar
- Carroll, M.M. (1995) On obtaining closed form solutions for compressible elastic materials, ZAMP 46 s126 - s145.Google Scholar
- Currie, P.K. and Hayes, M. (1981) On non-universal finite elastic deformations,in Finite Elasticity, Carlson and Shield (eds) Martinus Nijhoff Publishers The Hague (NL)Google Scholar
- Fosdick, R.L. (1966) Remarks on compatibility in Modern Developments in the Mechanics of Continua pp109–127 Academic Press N.Y.Google Scholar
- Ogden R.W. (1984) Non-linear Elastic Deformations, Ellis Horwood, Chichester.Google Scholar
- Truesdell, C. and Noll, W. 1965 The Nonlinear Field Theories of Mechanics, Handbuch der Physik IIU3, Springer-Verlag, New York.Google Scholar
- Wang, C.C. and Truesdell C. (1973) Introduction to Rational Elasticity, Noordhoff Int. Publ. Leyden.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Wien 2001