Turbulence in superfluids
Part of the International Centre for Mechanical Sciences book series (CISM, volume 415)
In this paper, the most recent theoretical develpoments in the study of turbulence in Helium II are examined.
KeywordsVortex Ring Vortex Core Couette Flow Vortex Line Normal Fluid
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Donnelly, R.J. (1991), Quantized Vortices in Helium 11,Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Kivotides, D., Barenghi, C.F. and Samuels, D.C. (2000), Triple vortex ring structure in superfluid helium II, submitted.Google Scholar
- Kivotides, D., Vassilicos, J.C., Barenghi, C.F. and Samuels, D.C. (2000), Kelvin wave cascade in superfluid turbulence, submitted.Google Scholar
- Landau, L.D., Fluid mechanics, Butterworth - Heinemann 1995.Google Scholar
- Leadbeater, M., Winiecki, T., Samuels, D.C., Barenghi, C.F. and Adams, C.S. (2000), Sound emission due to superfluid vortex reconnection, submitted.Google Scholar
- Schwarz, K.W. (1985), Three dimensional vortex dynamics in superfluid4He. Line–line and line boundary interaction. Phys. Rev. B 315 782–5804.Google Scholar
- Smith, M.R., Donnelly, R.J., Goldenfeld, N. and Vinen, W.F. (1993), Decay of vorticity in homogeneous turbulence, Phys. Rev. Lett. 712 583–2586.Google Scholar
- Smith, M.R., Hilton, D.K. and VanSciver, S.V. (1999), Observed drag crisis on a sphere in flowing He I and He II, Phys. Fluids 11751–753.Google Scholar
- Tilley, D.R. and Tilley, J. (1994), Superfiuidity and superconductivity, Institute of Physics Publishing, Bristol.Google Scholar
- Tough, J.T. (1987). Superfluid turbulence in Progress in Low Temperature Physics vol. VIII, ed. D. F. Brewer, North Holland, Amsterdam, page 133.Google Scholar
- Vinen, V.F. (1957), Mutual friction in a heat current in liquid helium II, II. Experiments on transient effects, ibidem, 240 128;Google Scholar
- Vinen, V.F. (1957), Mutual friction in a heat current in liquid helium II, III. Theory of the mutual friction, ibidem 242 493;Google Scholar
- Vinen, V.F. (1957), Mutual friction in a heat current in liquid helium II, IV. Critical heat currents in wide channels, ibidem 243 400.Google Scholar
- Vinen, W.F. (2000), Classical character of turbulence in quantum liquid, Phys. Rev. B bf 61 1410–1420.Google Scholar
- Walstrom, P.L., Weisend, J.G., Maddocks, J.R. and VanSciver, S.V. (1988), Turbulent flow pressure drop in various He II transfer system components, Cryogenics 28 10 1109.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Wien 2001