Limit and Shakedown Reliability Optimization Accounting for Nonlinear Geometric Effects
In this chapter, the relation between deterministic, stochastic and design parameters is explained. Differences between deterministic and reliability-based optimisation are pointed out. A formulation of the system reliability optimization with the limit and shakedown failure criteria is presented. For discrete structures it allows to account for nonlinear geometric effects. An example of limit reliability optimization is presented.
KeywordsLimit Load Limit State Function Joint Probability Density Function Failure Function Reliability Optimization
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Cohn, M.Z., Ghosh, S.K. and Parimi, S.R. (1972). A unified approach to the theory of plastic structures. J.Eng.Mech.Div., ASCE 98, EMS, 1133–1158.Google Scholar
- Cyras, A.A. (1969). Linear programming and analysis of elastic plastic structures. Leningrad: Stroiizdat (in Russian).Google Scholar
- Madsen, H.O., Krenk, S. and Lind, N.C. (1986). Methods of Structural Safety. Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Siemaszko, A. (1995). Limit, post-yield, shakedown and inadaptation analysis of inelastic discrete structures. In Mróz, Z., Weichert, D. and Dorosz, S., eds., Inelastic Behaviour of Structures under Variable Loads, Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- Siemaszko, A. and König, J.A. (1990). Plastic optimization accounting for nonlinear geometrical effects. GAMM’90 Conf., Hannover.Google Scholar
- Siemaszko, A. and Mrôz, Z. (1991). Optimal plastic design of imperfect frame structures. Progress in Structural Engineering, D. Grierson, A. Franchi, P. Riva (eds.). Dordrecht: Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- Siemaszko, A. and Santos, J.L.T. (1993). Reliability-based structural optimization. Proc. Struct. Opt. 93 World Congress, Rio de Janeiro, I, 473–480.Google Scholar
- Thoft-Christensen, P. (1990). On reliability-based structural optimization. A.Der Kiureghian, P.ThoftChristensen (eds.), Proc. 3rd IFIP WG 7.5 Conf, Springer, 387–402.Google Scholar