Hamiltonian Formulation of the Constrained Dynamics of a Tendon Driven Parallel Mechanism
This paper presents an Hamiltonian formulation of the constrained dynamics of a novel tendon driven parallel mechanism. The mechanism is a 2-dof closed 5-bar linkage actuated through a special tendon drive which enhances the kinematic isotropy of the system. The dynamic equations of the system are derived considering the additional degrees of freedom generated by the compliance of the tendon drive. The linearizable and zero-dynamics of the system are shown.
KeywordsParallel Mechanism Hamiltonian Formulation Generalize Momentum Haptic Interface Linear Stiffness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Arnold V.,“ Mathematical Methods of Classical Mechanics”, 1989, Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- Chung YH, Lee JW,“Design of a new 2 DOF parallel mechanism”, Proc. of IEEE/ASME Advances in Intelligent Mechatronics,Como, Italy, 2001 pp. 129–133.Google Scholar
- Hayward V.,Choksi J., Lanvin G. and Ramstein C.,“Design and multi-objective optimization of a linkage for a haptic interface, Advances in Robot Kinematics,1994, Kluwer Academics, pp. 352–359.Google Scholar
- Kwatny HG, Blankenship GL,“Nonlinear Control and Analythical Mechanics ”, Boston, Birkhauser.Google Scholar
- Prisco G.M, Frisoli A., Salsedo F., Bergamasco M., “A novel tendon driven 5-bar linkage with a large isotropic workspace”, Proc. ASME IMECE ‘89, Int. Mech. Eng. Conf. Exhib., Nashville,Teneessee, November 1999.Google Scholar
- Sciavicco L., Siciliano B.,“ Modeling and Control of Robot Manipulators ”, 1995, Springer Verlag.Google Scholar
- Van der Schaff AJ, Maschke BM, “On the hamiltonian formulation of nonholomic mechanical systems ”, Reports on Mathematical Physics,34(2): 225–233.Google Scholar