The Highest End 3D Transmission System for the Remote Control
We use the tele-stereovision as visual system of a humanoid robot. Naturally, solidity and distance information is important for the manipulator to understand the condition around the working robot. The binocular stereoscopic vision does not present a feeling of wrongness as an interface because it is similar to the mechanism of human vision. Our vision system realized tele-stereovision by using Internet technology. And 3-D image display method is Time Sharing System with liquid crystal shutter goggles and the vertically divided frame sequence method. By this system, a frame data of right-and-left picture is divided up and down, and is displayed, and doubling a vertical frequency to 120Hz from 60Hz performs the mutual display. At the end, we mention about fatigue of seeing function, and will improve our research in future.
KeywordsRemote Control Humanoid Robot Binocular Vision Stereoscopic Image Stereoscopic Vision
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Katsunori Tanaka Kazuo Okamoto, Junichi Takeno, Junichi Takeno “Stereo Tele-vision System by Vertically Divided Flame Sequence”, 3D Image Conference 2001.Google Scholar
- Hiroshi Harashima “The Science of 3D Images and Human”, Ohmsha, Mar. 2000.Google Scholar
- Takao Matsuda “The Sense of Sight”, Baihuukan, 1995.Google Scholar
- Shinnsuke Shimojo “The Adventure of the Sight”, Sangyoutosyo Ltd., 1994.Google Scholar
- Wade,N.J. & Swanston,M. “Visual Perception”, 1991.Google Scholar