Laminated Rubber Bearings for Seismic Applications
In this chapter a short presentation of the general principles of the base isolation technique and of the demonstration of its efficiency is presented. A few real applications as well as the results coming from the installed monitoring systems are shown.
KeywordsShear Strain Natural Rubber Seismic Isolation Biaxial Test Base Isolation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- ABAQUS Manual, Version 5.5. (1995). Hibbitt, Karlsson Sorensen Inc., Providence, Rhode Island, USA.Google Scholar
- Bettinali, F., Dusi, A., Bonacina, G., and Rebecchi, V. (1997). Seismic behaviour of HDLRB through a simplified non linear model with exponential constitutive law. In Proceedings of the International Conference on New Technologies in Structural Engineering, Lisbon, Portugal.Google Scholar
- Bettinali, F., Cazzuffi, D., Dusi, A., and Fede, L. (1996). Valutazione delle Caratteristiche di Mescole in Gomma Naturale Utilizzate per la Costruzione di Isolatori Sismici, ENEL S.p.A.-CRIS internal report no 5187 (in italian).Google Scholar
- Bonacina, G., Serino, G., and Spadoni, B. (1992). Implication of shaking table tests in the analysis and design of base isolated structures. In Proceedings of the Tenth World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Vol. 4, 2405–2410.Google Scholar
- Forni, M., Martelli, A., Dusi, A., and Castellano, G. (1995). Hyperelastic Models of Steel-Laminated Rubber Bearings for the Seismic Isolation of Civil Buildings and Industrial Plants. In Proceedings of the ABAQUS Users’ Conference, Paris, France.Google Scholar
- Kelly, J. M. (1997). Earthquake Resistant Design with Rubber. Springer.Google Scholar
- Ogden, R.W. (1984). Non-Linear Elastic Deformations. Ellis Horwood Limited, Chichester.Google Scholar
- Rebelo, N., (1991). Analysis of Rubber Compound with ABAQUS,In Proceedings of the Second National Congress of ABAQUS Users’ Group Italia. Google Scholar
- Serino, G., Bonacina, G., and Bettinali, F. (1993). Proposal and experimental validation of analytical models for seismic and vibration isolation devices in nuclear and non-nuclear facilities. In Proceedings of SMiRT-12. Elsevier.Google Scholar
- Skinner, R.I., Robinson, W.H., and McVerry, G.H. (1995). An Introduction to Seismic Isolation. Wiley.Google Scholar