Manipulator and Robot Grippers
The main function of a gripper is to grasp the object of manipulation, hold it during manipulation, and release it at its destination. Various factors influence gripper design and construction: these are mainly object-related features, such as its shape, mass, dimensions, mass distribution, material, surface, temperature, etc. Various systems have been proposed for the classification of the many different grippers that can be found in practice.
KeywordsForce Grip Industrial Robot Force Finger Gear Drive Kinematic Pair
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [8.1]Barczyk J: Grippers of Industrial Robots. Basic Problems of Contemporary Technics. Vol. 25. Robotics. Edited by A. Morecki. Polish Scientific Publ. Warsaw 1987. (in Polish)Google Scholar
- [8.2]Mechanics of Industrial Robots, 3, Moscow, Wyssaja Skola 1989.Google Scholar
- [8.3]Kato I.: Mechanical Hands, Tokyo, 1992.Google Scholar
- [8.4]Czelpanov I. B., Kolpasnikow S. N: Grippers of Industrial Robots. Leningrad, Masinostroenie 1989.Google Scholar
- [8.5]Volmer J. (Hrsg.): Industrieroboter - Entwicklung, Berlin, VEB Verlag Technik 1983Google Scholar
- [8.6]Barczyk J.: Method of Selecting and Principles of Design of Grippers of Industrial Robots. Warsaw 1991. (manuscript in Polish)Google Scholar