EHD Pumping: Electrokinetic Pumping by a High Voltage Travelling Wave. Ion-Drag Pumping
Part of the International Centre for Mechanical Sciences book series (CISM, volume 380)
- 441 Downloads
There are two methods to pump DL with the Coulomb electric force.
KeywordsDielectric Liquid Electric Intensity Small Temperature Difference Harmonic Voltage Conduction Phenomenon
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Melcher, J.R.: Continuum Electromechanics, M. I. Press, Cambridge, Mass. 1981.Google Scholar
- 2.Washabaugh, A.P., Zann, M., Melcher, J.R.: Electrokinetic pumping using travelling wave high voltages. Proceeding of the IEEE Industry Applications Society Annual Meeting, Pittsburg, Pennsylvania 1988.Google Scholar
- 3.Zhakin A.I.: Theory of electrical and electrohydrodynamical effects in low conductive media, Thesis, Kharkov University Press 1990 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Stutzer, O.M.: Ion-drag pumps, J. Appl. Phys., 31 (1960), 136.-146.Google Scholar
- 5.Sharbaugh, A.M., Walker, G.W.: The design and evaluation of an ion-drag dielectric pump to enhance cooling in a small oil-filled transformer, IEEE Trans. Ind. Appl. 21 (1983), 950–955.Google Scholar
- 7.Richter, A.: EUSA, 4 (1990), 37–38.Google Scholar
- 8.Bogolubov, N.M., Mitropoisky, Yu. A.: Asymptotic methods in the theory of nonlinear oscillations, Nauka Press, Moscow 1974 (in Russian).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Wien 1998