Minimax Pareto Optimal Solutions with Application to Linear-Quadratic Problems
A particular Pareto optimal solution, related to a class of minimax problems and therefore called the minimax Pareto optimal solution, is defined, analysed and applied to the study of cooperative solutions in problems described by linear dynamic systems and by vector-valued quadratic criteria. Four related topics are considered: (a) solution of the deterministic linear regulator problem with a vector-valued criterion, (b) convex approximation of the solution of the Riccati matrix differential equation, (c) solution of the stochastic linear regulator problem with a vector-valued criterion, and (d) the multiple-plant cooperative control problem.
KeywordsDeterministic Problem Convex Approximation Taylor Series Approximation Matrix Differential Equation Matrix Riccati Equation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Medanic, J. and M. Andjelić, “On a Class of differential Games Without Saddle-Point Solution”, JOTA, Vol. 8, No 6, Dec. 1971.Google Scholar
- 2.Medanić, J., “Mixed Strategies in Differential Games and Their Approximation”, VI Annual Princeton Conf. on Information Science and Systems, Princeton, March 1972.Google Scholar
- 3.J. Medanié and Z. Simić, “Stochastic Linear Regulator with vector-valued Criterion”, IFAC - IFORS Symp. on Optimization Methods - Applied Aspects, Oct. 1974, Varna.Google Scholar
- 4.M. Andjelić “On a Convex Approximation of the Riccati Equation”, Report T-9, Nov. 1973, Coordinated Science Laboratory, University of Illinois.Google Scholar
- 5.Ho, Y.C., “Comment on a paper by J. Medanic and M. Andjelic”, JOTA, Vol. 10, No 3, Sept. 1972.Google Scholar
- 6.J. Medanić and M. Andjelić, Authors reply, Vol. 10, No 3, Sept. 1972.Google Scholar
- 7.J. Medanić and M. Andjelić, “Minimax Solution of the Multiple - Target Problem, IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol. AC-17, No 5, October 1972.Google Scholar
- 8.B. Pagurek, “Sensitivity of the performance of optimal control systems to plant parameter variations”, IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, Vol. AC-10, pp.178–180, April, 1965.Google Scholar
- 9.Bensoussan, A., in Differential Games and Related Topics, edited by H. W. Kuhn and G. P. Szegö, North-Hol and Publ. Co., 1970.Google Scholar
- 10.Wohnam, W. M., Lecture Notes on Stochastic Control, Center for Dynamical Systems, Brown University, Providence, Rhoude Island.Google Scholar
- 11.Kushner, H. J., Stochastic Stability and Control, Academic Press, 1967.Google Scholar