Dexterous Manipulation Planning for an Anthropomorphic Hand
In this paper, we present some results about dexterous manipulation planning with an anthropomorphic hand. The task is to drive the grasped object from a start to a goal configuration. The planning algorithm automatically computes the finger motion and the required regrasping motion i.e. when and how to relocate the contacts on the object’s surface. The planner relies on a previously presented method but some extensions were added in order to make it applicable to the hand used in the experiments (a four-fingered hand with a human-inspired kinematics). Some experiments, conducted on the real platform, are presented.
KeywordsKinematic Chain Manipulation Task Hybrid Automaton Contact Position Transfer Path
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Bouyarmane and A. Kheddar. Multi-contact stances planning for multiple agents. In IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pages 5246–5253, 2011.Google Scholar
- J. Butterfass, M. Grebenstein, H. Liu, and G. Hirzinger. Dlr-hand ii: next generation of a dextrous robot hand. In IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pages 109–114, 2001.Google Scholar
- S. Lavalle and J. Kuffner. Rapidly-exploring random trees: Progress and prospects. In Algorithmic and Computational Robotics: New Directions, pages 293–308, 2000.Google Scholar
- Z. Li, J.F. Canny, and S.S. Sastry. On motion planning for dexterous manipulation. i. the problem formulation. In IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pages 775–780, 1989.Google Scholar
- G. Palli, C. Melchiorri, G. Berselli, and G Vassura. On the design of anthropomorphic dexterous robot hands: The ub hand evolution. IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, 2011.Google Scholar
- J. Trinkle and J. Hunter. A framework for planning dexterous manipulation. In IEEE Int. Conf. on Rob. and Automation, pages 1245–1251, 1991.Google Scholar
- Z. Xue, J.M. Zollner, and R. Dillmann. Dexterous manipulation planning of objects with surface of revolution. In IEEE/RSJ Int. Conf. on Intelligent Robots and Systems, pages 2703–2708, 2008.Google Scholar
- M. Yashima, Y. Shiina, and H. Yamaguchi. Randomized manipulation planning for a multi-fingered hand by switching contact modes. In IEEE Int. Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pages 2689–2694, 2003.Google Scholar