Development of Anthropomorphic Soft Robotic Hand WSH-1RII
In the future, we will need service robots capable of natural interaction with people, which often involves the use of hands. In this paper, we aim to evaluate the impression of the interaction between a human and a humanoid robot with anthropomorphic hands. In particular, we focus on the influence of the grip of robot’s hands during handshaking. First, we measured pressured places and forces. Based on this result, we selected motors that have enough torque for handshaking. Finally, we developed a new anthropomorphic soft robot hand named WSH-1RII with the soft material structure, enough grip strength, and force sensing. The experimental results confirmed that the hand gives the users a good impression.
KeywordsGrip Strength Emotion Expression Humanoid Robot Human Hand Service Robot
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development Population statistics, 2004.Google Scholar
- National Institute of Population and Social Security Research Population statistics of Japan 2003, 2003.Google Scholar
- Nobutsuna Endo, Shimpei Momoki, Massimiliano Zecca, Minoru Saito, Yu Mizoguchi, Kazuko Itoh, and Atsuo Takanishi Development of Wholebody Emotion Expression Humanoid Robot, In Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pages 2140–2145, 2008.Google Scholar
- Rajiv Doshi, Clement Yeh, Maurice LeBlanc, The design and development of a gloveless endoskeletal prosthetic hand, In Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development Vol. 35 No. 4, pages 388–395, 1998.Google Scholar
- Maria Chiara Carrozza, Giovanni Cappiello, Giovanni Stellin, Franco Zaccone, Fabrizio Vecchi, Silvestro Micera, Paolo Dario A Cosmetic Prosthetic Hand with Tendon Driven Under-Actuated Mechanism and Compliant Joints: Ongoing Research and Preliminary Results, In Proceedings of the 2005 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, pages 2661–2666, 2005.Google Scholar
- M. Zecca, K. Endo, N. Endo, Y. Mizoguchi, T. Kusano, K. Itoh, and A. Takanishi Design and Evaluation of The Soft Hand WSH-1 For The Emotion Expression Humanoid Robot KOBIAN, In Proceedings of the 6th International Conference of the International Society for Gerontechnology, 2008.Google Scholar
- Nobutsuna Endo, Fumiya Iida, Keita Endo, Yu Mizoguchi, Massimiliano Zecca, and Atsuo Takanishi Development of the Anthropomorphic Soft Robotic Hand WSH-1R, In Proceedings of the First IFToMM Asian Conference on Mechanism and Machine Science (Asian-MMS 2010), 250162, 2010.Google Scholar