Design of a New Hand Exoskeleton for Rehabilitation of Post- Stroke Patients
This paper presents a novel design of a single degree of freedom planar 12-link mechanism for a finger exoskeleton. The mechanism is sized to each finger of the human hand and attached to the phalanges to control the flexion/extension movements while generating the finger desired grasping trajectory.
KeywordsBrain Computer Interface Cylindrical Object Dimensional Synthesis Cylindrical Grasp Hand Exoskeleton
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- M. Bergamasco, A. Frisoli, M. Fontana, C. Loconsole, D. Leonardis,Google Scholar
- M. Troncossi, M. Mozaffari-Foumashi, and V. Parenti-Castelli. Preliminary results of bravo project - brain computer interface for robotic enhanced rehabilitation. In Proc. of the ICORR2011, IEEE 12th Intl Conf on Rehabil. Robotics, Zurich, Switzerland, 2011.Google Scholar
- R. Datta and K. Deb. Multi-objective design and analysis of robot gripper configurations using an evolutionary-classical approach. In Proc. of the 13th conf. on Genetic and evolutionary computation, NY, USA, 2011.Google Scholar
- R. Drillis and R. Contini. Body segment parameters; a survey of measurement techniques. Artificial limbs, 25:44–66, 1964.Google Scholar
- G. Kwakkel, B. Kollen, and H. Krebs. Effects of robot-assisted therapy on upper limb recovery after stroke: a systematic review. Neurorehabil Neural Repair, 22(2):111–121, 2008.Google Scholar
- J. M. McCarthy and G. S. Soh. Geometric Design of Linkages, 2nd ed. Springer-Verlag, 2010.Google Scholar
- J. Mehrholz, T. Platz, J. Kugler, and M. Pohl. Electromechanical and robot-assisted arm training for improving arm function and activities of daily living after stroke. Cochrane Database Syst. Rev., (4):CD006876, 2008.Google Scholar
- M. Troncossi, M. Mozaffari Foumashi, M. Carricato, and V. Parenti Castelli. Feasibility study of a hand exoskeleton for rehabilitation of post-stroke patients. In Proc. ASME 11th Biennial Conf. on Engineering Systems Design and Analysis, ESDA2012, Nantes, France, 2012.Google Scholar