Portable Posture Guiding System With Visual, Verbal Feedback for Upper Extremity
A portable motion replication system for posture guidance of upper extremity is presented in this paper. The system can capture user’s postures, compare the postures with corresponding ones in database, and give the user proper visual and verbal feedback for posture modifying in real time. The experiment of user test shows that the subjects under both visual and verbal feedback have better performance.
KeywordsMotion Capture Inertial Measurement Unit Verbal Instruction Verbal Feedback Wrist Position
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. T. Chua, R. Crivella, B. Daly, N. Hu, R. Schaaf, D.Ventura, T. Camill, J. Hodgins, and R. Pausch. Training for physical tasks in virtual environments: Tai chi. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Virtual Reality, pages 87–94, 2003.Google Scholar
- O. Portillo-Rodriguez, O. O. Sandoval-Gonzalez, E. Ruffaldi, R. Leonardi, C. A. Avizzano, and M. Bergamasco, editors. Real-time gesture recognition, evaluation and feed-forward correction of a multimodal Tai-Chi platform - Proceedings of the 3rd International Workshop HAID08, Jyväskylä, Finland, September 15–16, 2008, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 5270, pp.30–39, 2008. Springer Verlag, Wien-New York.Google Scholar
- G. Qian, F. Guo, T. Ingalls, L. Olson, J. James, and T. Rikakis. A gesturedriven multimodal interactive dance system. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo, pages 1579–1582, 2004.Google Scholar
- Z. Ruttkay, J. Zwiers, H. V. Welbergen, and D. Reidsma, editors. Towards a Reactive Virtual Trainer - Proceedings of the 6th International Conference IVA06, Marina Del Rey, CA, USA, August 20–22, 2006, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 4133, pp.292–303, 2006. Springer Verlag, Wien-New York.Google Scholar
- W. T. Yang, Z. Luo, I. M. Chen, and S. H. Yeo, editors. A method for comparing human postures from motion capture data - Proceedings of the 19th CISM-IFToMM Symposium ROMANSY10, Udine, Italy, July 5–8, 2010, CISM Courses and Lectures vol. 524, pp. 441–448, 2010. Springer Verlag, Wien-New York.Google Scholar