A New Algorithm for Gravity Compensation of a 3-UPU Parallel Manipulator
This paper presents a new approach for gravity compensation of a 3-UPU parallel manipulator. The conventional method of computing the effect of gravity force on the end-effector works properly for serial manipulators. However, employing Newton-Euler approach for the parallel robots is computationally expensive and it cannot satisfy the requirements in this work. In order to overcome this difficulty, the new algorithm based on Lagrengian method is proposed. This model is established based on total potential energy of the system as a scalar value and, the position of the end-effector. This paper presents this new algorithm which is more efficient in sense of computation and more proper for Real-Time purposes in parallel robots.
KeywordsParallel Manipulator Total Potential Energy Parallel Robot Haptic Interface Gravity Compensation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- D. Checcacci, E. Sotgiu, A. Frisoli, CA Avizzano, and M. Bergamasco. Gravity compensation algorithms for parallel haptic interface. In Robot and Human Interactive Communication, 2002. Proceedings. 11th IEEE International Workshop on, pages 140–145. IEEE, 2002.Google Scholar
- S.R. Deepak and GK Ananthasuresh. Static balancing of a four-bar linkage and its cognates. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 2011.Google Scholar
- S. Li, A. Frisoli, M. Solazzi, and M. Bergamasco. Mechanical design and optimization of a novel fmri compatible haptic manipulator. In RO- MAN, 2010 IEEE, pages 1–6. IEEE, 2010.Google Scholar
- D.R. Walter, M.L. Husty, and M. Pfurner. The snu 3-upu parallel robot from a theoretical viewpoint. In Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Fundamental Issues and Future Research Directions for Parallel Mechanisms and Manipulators, pages 1–8, 2008.Google Scholar
- L. Wang and J. Xi. Smart devices and machines for advanced manufacturing. Springer Verlag, 2008.Google Scholar