Global Identification of Drive Gains, Dynamic Parameters of Parallel Robots - Part 2: Case Study
Usually, identification models of parallel robots are simplified and take only the dynamics of the moving platform into account. Moreover the input efforts are estimated through the use of the manfucaturer’s actuator drive gains that are not calibrated thus leading to identification errors. In this paper a systematic way to derive the full dynamic identification model of the Orthoglide parallel robot in combination with a method that allows the identification of both robot inertial parameters and drive gains.
KeywordsDynamic Parameter Parallel Robot Inertial Parameter Parallel Kinematic Machine Payload Mass
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Amiral, G.F. Francois, J. Pontnauand, and M. Dafaoui. Design and control of a new six-dof parallel robot: application to equestrian gait simulation. Mechatronics, 6:227239, 1996.Google Scholar
- S. Briot and M. Gautier. Global identification of drive gains and dynamic parameters of parallel robots - part 1: Theory. In Proceedings of the 19th CISM-IFToMM Symposium on Robot Design, Dynamics, and Control (RoManSy), 2012.Google Scholar
- D. Chablat, P. Wenger, and J.P. Merlet. A comparative study between two three-dof parallel kinematic machines using kinetostatic criteria and interval analysis. In Proceedings 11th World Congress in Mechanism and Machine Science, 2004.Google Scholar
- M. Diaz-Rodriguez, V. Mata, A. Valera, and A. Page. A methodology for dynamic parameters identification of 3-dof parallel robots in terms of relevant parameters. Mechanism and Machine Theory, 45:13371356, 2010.Google Scholar
- M. Gautier. Dynamic identification of robots with power model. In Proceedings IEEE ICRA, pages 1922–1927, Albuquerque, USA, April 1997.Google Scholar
- S. Guegan, W. Khalil, and Ph. Lemoine. Identification of the dynamic parameters of the orthoglide. In Proceedings IEEE ICRA, pages 3272– 3277, Taipei, Taiwan, September 2003.Google Scholar
- M. Honegger, A. Codourey, and E. Burdet. Adaptive control of the hexaglide, a 6dof parallel manipulator. In Proceedings of the IEEE ICRA, page 543548, Albuquerque, NM, USA, 1997.Google Scholar
- M. Honegger, R. Brega, and G. Schweitzer. Application of a nonlinear adaptive controller to a 6 dof parallel manipulator. In Proceedings of the IEEE ICRA, page 19301935, San Francisco, CA, USA, 2000.Google Scholar
- W. Khalil and E. Dombre. Modeling, Identification and Control of Robots. Hermes Penton London, 2002.Google Scholar
- W. Khalil, M. Gautier, and P. Lemoine. Identification of the payload inertial parameters of industrial manipulators. In Proceedings IEEE ICRA, pages 4943–4948, Roma, Italy, April 2007.Google Scholar
- J.P. Merlet. Parallel Robots. Springer, 2nd edition, 2006.Google Scholar
- F.C Moon. Applied dynamics. J. Wiley and Sons, 2007.Google Scholar