Part of the Lecture Notes in Social Networks book series (LNSN)
Ethics in Network Analysis
This chapter discusses ethical aspects of network analysis and the connection to network analysis literacy.
KeywordsSocial Network Network Analysis Peer Review Process Hockey Stick Network Analytic Method
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Barabási A-L (2013) Scientists must spearhead ethical use of big dataGoogle Scholar
- 2.Borgatti SP, Molina JL (2005) Toward ethical guidelines for network research in organizations. Soc Netw 27:107–117Google Scholar
- 3.Editorials (2011) Copy and paste. Nature 473:419–420Google Scholar
- 4.Horvát E-Á, Hanselmann M, Hamprecht FA, Zweig KA (2012) One plus one makes three (for social networks). PLoS ONE 7(4):e34740Google Scholar
- 5.Jernigan C, Mistree B (2009) gaydar: Facebook friendships expose sexual orientation. First Monday [Online] 14(10). http://firstmonday.org/htbin/cgiwrap/bin/ojs/index.php/fm/article/viewArticle/2611/2302
- 7.Narayanan A, Shmatikov V (2008) Robust de-anonymization of large sparse datasets (how to break anonymity of the netflix prize data set). In: Proceedings of the 2008 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy (SP’08), 2008, pp 111–125Google Scholar
- 8.NSA: SKYNEt: courier detection via machine learning. https://theintercept.com/document/2015/05/08/skynet-courier/
- 9.Said YH, Wegman EJ, Sharabati WK, Rigsby JT (2008) Social networks of author-coauthor relationships (retracted in 2011). Comput Stat Data AnalGoogle Scholar
- 10.Vergano D (2011) Retracted climate critics’ study panned by expert. USA Today. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/sciencefair/post/2011/05/retracted-climate-critics-study-panned-by-expert-/1
- 11.Wegman E, Said YH, Scott DW (2006) Ad hoc committee report on the ‘hockey stick’ global climate reconstruction. Congressional Report (United States House Committee on Energy and Commerce, published 14 July 2006), a copy was archived under http://web.archive.org/web/20060716210311/http://energycommerce.house.gov/108/home/07142006_Wegman_Report.pdf. Accessed 15 Sept 2015
© Springer-Verlag GmbH Austria 2016