Finite-Volume Methods for the Solution of Euler Equations
This contribution to the GAMM Workshop on Numerical Methods for the Computation of Inviscid Transonic Flow with Shock Waves is concerned with finite-volume methods to solve a pseudo-unsteady system deduced from the unsteady Euler equations by using the condition of constant total enthalpy This simplification is consistent with the steady-state solution in the present case of iso-energetic flows. The reason for the choice of finite-volume methods is their property of being exactly in conservation form so that in a balance of computed mass, momentum or energy in a domain made of mesh cells, the interior numerical fluxes cancel out two by two.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.Mac Cormack, R.W., and Paullay, A.J.: Computational Efficiency Achieved by Time-Splitting of Finite-Difference Operators. AIAA Paper 72–154 (1972).Google Scholar
- /3/.Mac Cormack, R.W., Rizzi, A.W., and Inouye, M. - Steady Supersonic Flowfields with Embedded Subsonic Regions. In “Computational Methods and Problems in Aeronautical Fluid Dynamics” edited by Hewitt, B.L. et al., Academic Press (1976).Google Scholar
- /5/.Lerat, A., and Sidès, J.–Numerical Simulation of Unsteady Transonic Flows Using the Euler Equations in Integral Form. 21st Israel Annual Conference on Aviation and Astronautics. Feb. 1979. To appear. Provisional edition: TP ONERA n° 1979–10.Google Scholar
- /6/.Viviand, H., and Veuillot, J.P.–Méthodes pseudo-instationnaires pour le calcul d’écoulements transsoniques. Publication ONERA n° 1978–4 (1978).Google Scholar
- /7/.Chattot, J.C., Coulombeix, C., and da Silva Tomé, C: lements transsoniques autour d’ailes. La Recherche p. 143–159 (1978).Google Scholar
- /8/.Jameson, A. - Three Dimensional Flows Around Airfoi is with Shocks. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 11, p. 185–212 (1 974).Google Scholar
- /12/.Lerat, A., and Sidès, J. - Calcul numérique d’écoulements transsoniques instationnaires. AGARD Conf. Proceed. 226, p.15.1–15.10 (1977). English translation available as TP ONERA 1977–19E.Google Scholar