Computation of the Viscous Flow Past a Prolate Spheroid at Incidence
The computation of the threedimensional viscous flow past a prolate spheroid at incidence and its wake is investigated. An iterative technique resting on the fully elliptic mode is applied to the Reynolds-Averaged-Navier-Stokes-Equations (RANSE) written down in a non-orthogonal curvilinear body-fitted coordinate system. Results of the computation are compared to available experiments such as the DFVLR experiments and the ONERA experiments.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- H.P. Kreplin, H.U. Meier & A. Maier “Wind-tunnel model and measuring techniques for the investigation of threedimensional boundary layers” Proc. AIAA 10th Aero. Testing Conf., San Diego (1982).Google Scholar
- H.P. Kreplin, H. Vollmers & H.U. Meier “Measurements of the wall-stress on an inclined prolate spheroid” Zeitchrift für Flugwissenschaften und Welttaumferschung, Vol.6 heft 4, pp 248–252 (1982).Google Scholar
- T. Cebeci, R.S. Hirsh & K. Kaups “Calculation of three dimensional boundary layers on bodies of revolution at incidence”; Mc. Donnell Douglas Rept. MDCJ7643 (contract N60921-76-C-0089), (1978).Google Scholar
- M. Rosenfeld, M. Israeli & M. Wolfshtein “Numerical study of the skin friction on a spheroid at incidence”, AIAA Journal, Vol.26, No2, Feb.(1988).Google Scholar
- T.C. Wong, O.A. Kandil & C.H. Liu “Navier-Stokes computation of separated vortical flows past prolate spheroid at incidence” AIAA 89-0553 (1989].Google Scholar
- V.N. Vatsa, J.L. Thomas & B. Wedan “Navier-Stokes computation of prolate spheroids at angle of attack”, AIAA 87-2627-CP, (1987).Google Scholar
- D. Pan & T.H. Pulliam “The computation of steady three dimensional flows over aerodynamic bodies at incidence and yaw” AIAA P. 86-0109, Jan.(1986).Google Scholar
- J.F. Thompson “Numerical grid generation” Elsevler Publ. Co. N-Y.Google Scholar
- J. Piquet & M. Visonneau “Steady threee dimensional viscous flow past a shiplike hull”, Proc. 7th GAMM Conf. on Num. Methods in Fluid Mechanics; Louvain, Belg.; Notes Num. Fluid Mech., Vol.20; Vieweg; M. Deville Eds. (1987).Google Scholar
- J. Piquet, P. Queutey & M. Visonneau “Computation of the three dimensional wake of a shiplike hull” Proc. 11th Int. Conf. On Num. Methods in Fluid Dynamics; Williamsburg, USA; Dwoyer, D.L.; Hussaini & M.Y. Voigt, R.G. Eds. Springer Verlag Lect. Notes in Physics; Vol.323 (1988).Google Scholar