Calculation of viscous hypersonic flows using a coupled Euler / second order boundary layer method
A method is presented which allows the calculation of flows with weak viscous interaction by solving the second-order boundary-layer equations in the viscous and the Euler equations in the inviscid regions. Both parts of the solution are coupled. Ideal and equilibrium real gas results are presented for laminar flows. A comparison with Navier-Stokes results shows good agreement.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.E.H. Hirschel, M.A. Schmatz: Zonal solutions for viscous flow problems. In: Finite approxiamtions in fluid mechanics, DFG Priority Research Program, Results 1983–1985, E.H. Hirschel (ed.), Notes on numerical fluid mechanics, vol. 14, pp. 99–112, Wiesbaden, Vieweg Verlag, 1986.Google Scholar
- /2/.K.M. Wanie, M.A. Schmatz, F. Monnoyer: A close coupling procedure for zonal solutions of the Navier-Stokes, Euler and boundary-layer equations. ZFW Vol.11, 1987, p. 347–359.Google Scholar
- /3/.F. Monnoyer: Calculation of three-dimensional attached viscous flow on general configurations with 2nd order boundary layer theory. MBB-S-PUB-345, 1988, to appear in ZFW.Google Scholar
- /5/.Ch. Mundt, R. Keraus, J. Fischer: New, accurate, vectorized approximations of state surfaces for the thermodyn-amic and transport properties of equilibrium air. Paper submitted to the ZFW, 1989.Google Scholar
- /6/.M.A. Schmatz: Hypersonic three-dimensional Navier-Stokes calculations for equilibrium gas. AIAA paper 89-2183, 1989.Google Scholar
- /9/.E.H. Hirschel, Ch. Mundt, F. Monnoyer, M.A. Schmatz: Reynolds-number dependancy of radiation-adiabatic wall temperature. Paper submitted to the AIAA Journal, 1990.Google Scholar
- /10/.R.R. Boyce, Ch. Mundt, A.F. Houwing, R.J. Sandeman: Initial comparisons of CFD calculations and shock tunnel experiments for hypersonic argon flow. National space symposium, Canberra, 1989.Google Scholar
- /11/.F. Monnoyer, Ch. Mundt, M. Pfitzner: Calculation of the hypersonic viscous flow past reentry vehicles with an Euler-boundary layer coupling method. AIAA paper 90-0417, 1990.Google Scholar