3D Euler Flows Around Modern Airplanes
The numerical simulation of flows around complex aircraft configurations like the Fokker 50 and Fokker 100, is described. In these simulations multiblock grids and a 3D Euler-flow solver are used.
The major features of the grid-generation procedure and flow solver are outlined.
Results of the validation of the numerical-flow-simulation system for aerodynamic design work are presented.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Voogt, N., Mol, W.J.A., Stout. J., and Volkers, D.F.: “CFD applications in design and analysis of the Fokker 50 and Fokker 100”, AGARD conference, Lisbon, Portugal (1988), pp 19-1 to 19-11.Google Scholar
- Boerstoel, J.W.: “Numerical grid generation in 3D Euler flow simulation”, in: Numerical methods for Fluid Dynamics, Ed. Morton, K.W., Baines, M.J. Clarendon Press, Oxford (1988).Google Scholar
- Allwright, S.: “Multiblock topology specification and grid generation for complete aircraft configurations”, AGARD specialists’ meeting, 24-25 May 1989, Norway.Google Scholar
- Thompson, J.F., Thames, F.C., Mastin, C.W.:. “Automatic Numerical Generation of Body-Fitted Curvilinear Coordinate System for Field Containing any Number of Arbitrary Two Dimensional Bodies”, J. Comp. Phys. 15, 1974.Google Scholar
- Boerstoel, J.W.: “Problem and solution formulations for the generation of 3D block-structured grids”, NLR MP 86020U (1986).Google Scholar
- Jacobs, J.M.J.W. et al.: “Numerical interactive grid generation for 3D flow calculations”, in: Numerical grid generation in computational fluid dynamics 88, Ed. Sengupta, S., Peneridge Press (1988).Google Scholar
- Jameson, A., Schmidt, W., Turkel, E.: “Numerical solution of Euler equations by finite volume methods using Runge Kutta time stepping schemes”, AIM paper 81-1259.Google Scholar
- Amendola, A., Tognaccini, R., Boerstoel, J.W. and Kassies, A.: “Validation of a multiblock Euler flow solver with propeller-slipstream flows”, AGARD conference proceedings, Lisbon, Portugal (1988), pp P1-1 to P1-15.Google Scholar
- Kuyvenhoven, J.L.: “3D Euler calculations about the Fokker 100”, Fokker report L-28-459, 1988.Google Scholar