Chemical and Vibrational Non-Equilibrium Nozzle Flow Calculation by an Implicit Upwind Method
The equations governing chemical and vibrational non-equilibrium nozzle flows are first presented. The resulting differential system is then discretized using a fully implicit non centered finite volume approach. The method is finally applied to two different hypersonic nozzle geometries. Results are compared with equilibrium as well as with previous space marching calculations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Candler and R. MacCormack: “The computation of hypersonic ionized flows in chemical and thermal nonequilibrium”, AIAA-88-0511, 1988.Google Scholar
- J. G. Hall and C. E. Treanor: “Nonequilibrium effects in supersonic-nozzle flows”, CAL RT No. CAL-163, 1968.Google Scholar
- Ph. Sagnier and L. Marraffa: “Parametric Study of Thermal and Chemical Non Equilibrium Nozzle Flow”, AIAA-89-1856.Google Scholar
- C. Flament, L. Le Toullec, L. Marraffa, Ph. Sagnier: “Inviscid Nonequilibrium Flow in ONERA F4 Wind Tunnel”, Int. Conf. on Hyp. Aerodynamics, Manchester, 4-6 Sept. 1989.Google Scholar
- C. Flament: “Cinétique chimique et relaxation vibrationnelle dans une tuyère hypersonique”, ONERA Report No 10/3637 AN, 1989.Google Scholar
- J-H. Lee: “Basic governing equations for the flight regimes of Aeroassisted Orbital Transfer Vehicles”, AIAA-84-1729.Google Scholar
- W. C. Gardiner Jr.: “Combustion chemistry”, Springer Verlag, 1984.Google Scholar
- J. L. Shinn, J. N. Moss and A. L. Simmonds: “Viscous shock layer heating analysis for the shuttle winward plane with surface finite recombination rates”, AIAA-82-0842.Google Scholar
- C. Park: “Assessment of two-temperature kinetic model for ionizing air”, AIAA-87-1574.Google Scholar
- J. Hilsenrath, M. Klein: “Tables of Thermodynamic Properties of Air in Chemical Equilibrium including Second Virial Correction from 1500 to 15000K”, AEDC TR65-58, 1965.Google Scholar
- H. Hollanders and C. Marmignon: “Navier-Stokes high speed flow calculations by an implicit non-centered method”, AIAA-89-0282.Google Scholar
- H. C. Yee and A. Harten: “Implicit TVD Schemes for Hyperbolic Conservation Laws in Curvilinear Coordinates”, AIAA-85-1513.Google Scholar
- H. C. Yee and J. L. Shinn: “Semi-implicit and fully implicit shock-capturing methods for hyperbolic conservation laws with stiff source terms”, NASA-TM-89415, 1986.Google Scholar