Contaminated Land Liability Regime in the UK: General Concerns for Developing Contaminated Land Liability System in China
- 77 Downloads
This chapter takes a closer look at the contaminated land liability regime of the UK. After reviewing the legal frameworks concerning contaminated land issue of the UK, this Chapter reveals the basic elements of its contaminated land liability regime. Particularly, the establishment of pollution linkage, several key concepts, criteria for identifying liability, procedural provisions for identifying liabilities and liability standards have been discussed.
KeywordsAppropriate person Class A person Class B person Contaminated land Pollution linkage
- Bell, S., & McGillivray, D. (2008). Environmental Law (7th ed.). Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Defra (2004). Remediation of Land Affected by Contamination - A Regulatory Summary Consultation Document 2004. London: Defra Publications.Google Scholar
- Defra (2010). Public Consultation on Changes to the Contaminated Land Regime under Part 2A of the Environmental Protection Act 1990. https://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/20130103072508/http://archive.defra.gov.uk/corporate/consult/contaminated-land/101215-contaminated-land-condoc.pdf. Accessed January 6 2019.
- Defra (2012). Environmental Protection Act 1990: Part 2A-Contaminated Land Statutory Guidance UK: HMGovernment.Google Scholar
- Defra (September 2006). Defra Circular 01/2006 Environmental Protection Act 1990: part 2A contaminated land. London: Defra.Google Scholar
- Department for Environment, F. a. R. A. D. (July 2008). Guidance on the Legal Definition of Contaminated Land Google Scholar
- Dunn, A. (2000). The Voluntary Sector, the State and the Law. Oxford; Portland, Or.: Hart Publishing.Google Scholar
- Fogelman, V. M. (2005a). Environmental Liabilities And Insurance In England And The United States (Vol. 1). London: Witherby.Google Scholar
- Fogelman, V. M. (2005b). Feature: Part IIA and Circular Facilities Case Shows that Care Must be Taken over Liability for Remediation. http://www.edie.net/news/news_story.asp?id=10625. Accessed March 18 2019.
- Marks, J. H. (2001). Environmental Liability of Lenders in England: Is the Tide Coming in?. North Carolina Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation, 27(1), 1-29.Google Scholar
- Office, D. o. t. E. a. t. W. (1994). Framework for Contaminated Land: Outcome of the Government’s Policy Review and Conclusions from the Consultation Paper Paying for Our Past. London.Google Scholar
- Tromans, S. (2008). Contaminated land. London: Sweet & Maxwell.Google Scholar
- Wolf, S., & Stanley, N. (2011). Wolf and Stanley on environmental law (5th ed.). New York: Routledge.Google Scholar