The Regulatory Frameworks to Address Land Contamination in China
- 80 Downloads
Up to date, there is no nationwide specific legislation to address the contaminated land issue in China. Existing provisions under the current legal system, particularly in the context of environmental regulatory system are mainly about soil or land protections. This Chapter examines the environmental legislative frameworks of China which have addressed the contaminated land problem. Several key mechanisms such as land contamination remediation and environmental liability system have been discussed.
KeywordsAdministrative liabilities Civil liabilities Criminal liabilities Environmental protection bureaus MEE Monitoring National People’s Congress Site assessment
- Agency, X. N. (2009). Smelter At Center Of Lead Poisoning Scandal Shut Down. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/bizchina/2009-08/19/content_8587981_2.htm. Accessed March 22 2019.
- Bank, A. D. (May 2007). Country Environmental Analysis for the People’s Republic of China. https://www.adb.org/sites/default/files/institutional-document/32182/39079-prc-dpta.pdf. Accessed February 1 2019.
- Bank, W. (2017). China- Hunan Integrated Management of Contaminated Agricultural Land Project: : environmental and social assessment- executive summary. (pp. 36). Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- Brandon, E. (2013). Global Approaches to Site Contamination Law. Dordrecht: Springer.Google Scholar
- China.org.cn (2008). China’s Action Plan on Environment and Health (2007-2015). http://www.china.org.cn/english/environment/238275.htm. Accessed March 1 2019.
- China.org.cn (2010). 1st National Census On Pollution Sources Completed. http://www.china.org.cn/china/2010-02/09/content_19394384.htm. Accessed March 1 2019.
- Li, J. (2010). Green Fight ‘Goes Beyond Pollution’. http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/cndy/2010-06/05/content_9937976.htm. Accessed March 12 2019.
- Li, S. (2006). National Soil Pollution Survey Planned. http://www.china.org.cn/english/China/175191.htm. Accessed January 1 2019.
- OECD (2009). OECD Rural Policy Review: China: OECD Publishing.Google Scholar
- PRC, S. C. o. (2006). 11th Five-Year Plan (2006-2010) for National Economic and Social Development. http://www.gov.cn/gongbao/content/2006/content_268766.htm. Accessed January 7 2019.
- PRC, S. C. o. (2011). 12th Five-Year Plan (2011-2015) for National Economic and Social Development. http://www.gov.cn/2011lh/content_1825838.htm. Accessed January 6 2019.
- SEPA (2006). 2005 Report on the State of the Environment in China. http://english.mee.gov.cn/Resources/Reports/soe/soe2005/200710/P020071023479859455977.pdf. Accessed March 5 2019.
- Shuyi, W. (2008). Thinkings on the Enactment of Soil Pollution Control Law of the PRC. Law Review (2008(3)), 73.Google Scholar
- Wu, X. (2006). Mep Vice Director Wu Xiaoqing Arranged Tasks For The National Land Contamination Survey. Journal of Ecology and Rural Environment, 22(3), III-VI.Google Scholar
- Zeng, P. (2006). 《全面贯彻落实科学发展观 开创环境保护工作新局面》[Fully Implemente the Scientific Outlook on Development and Make New Development on Environmental Protection]. Environemtnal Economy(2006 (3)).Google Scholar
- Zhang, C. (2017). Improve the Accuracy for A Better Understand the Soil Information. http://18.104.22.168/html/1/2017-08/11/06B/2017081106B_pdf.pdf. Accessed February 5 2019.
- Zhang, C. (2018). 《全国农用地土壤污染状况详查进入关键期》[The National Farmland Soil Pollution Detailed Survey Enters into A Crucial Point]. https://www.cenews.com.cn/news/201805/t20180507_872908.html. Accessed March 7 2019.
- Zhang, Y., & Zhou, C. (2016). China’s Tainted Soil Initiative Lacks Pay Plan. https://www.chinadialogue.net/article/show/single/en/9028-China-s-tainted-soil-initiative-lacks-pay-plan. Accessed March 7 2019.
- Zhou, W. (2009). 《环境保护部召开全国重金属污染防治工作会议》 [MEP hold the National Conference on Heavy Metal Prevention and Control]. http://www.cenews.com.cn/xwzx/zhxw/qt/200909/t20090903_622356.html. Accessed February 1 2019.