Conclusion and Recommendations: A Comparative Review of China’s Contaminated Land Regime
- 75 Downloads
As a concluding part of this book, this chapter restated the challenges and problems faced by China in the course of developing its own contaminated land regimes. It then provides a comparative review a comparative review of China’s contaminated land regimes under the Soil Pollution Law 2018. It finally provides recommendations for further develop the contaminated land regime in China.
KeywordsContaminated land information management Contaminated land liability system Contaminated land remediation regime NGOs Public interests litigation Public participation
- Boyd, J. (1999). Environmental Remediation Law and Economies in Transition. RFF 99-21 Google Scholar
- CCICED (2015). Special Policy Study on Soil Pollution Management (pp. 61). Beijing.Google Scholar
- Davis, T. S., & Sherman, S. A. (2010). Brownfields: A Comprehensive Guide to Redeveloping Contaminated Property (3rd ed.). Chicago, IL: American Bar Association.Google Scholar
- Kubasek, N. K., Williamson, C., & Vigil, R. (1997). Retroactive Liability Under The Superfund: Time to Settle The Issue. Journal of Land Use & Environmental Law, 13(1), 197-230.Google Scholar
- Lan, X., Simonis, U. E., & Dudek, D. J. (2006). Environmental Governance in China. CCICED.Google Scholar
- Leveque, M. (1998). Rationales for Applying CERCLA Retroactively After Landgraf v USI Film Products: Overcoming the Presumption Against Retroactivity. Ohio State Law Journal, 59(2), 603–632, doi:http://hdl.handle.net/1811/64955.
- MEE (2018). Handbook for interpretation and Implementation of the Law of the People's Republic of China on the Prevention and Control of Soil Contamination. Beijing: Law press China.Google Scholar
- Postle, M., Fenn, T., Grosso, A., & Steeds, J. (1999). Cost-benefit Analysis for Remediation of Land Contamination. UK Environment Agency.Google Scholar
- Shepherd, E., Southworth, J., & Manning, C. (2016). How Will The Withdrawal of Central Funding Affect The Contaminated Land Regime? https://www.lexology.com/library/detail.aspx?g=5ab179b9-49a8-4e56-99a6-04a390dbfe7d. Accessed March 30 2019.
- Swartjes, F. A. (Ed.). (2011). Dealing with Contaminated Sites: from Theory towards Practical Application: Springer.Google Scholar