A Simulation Study and Experimental Verification of Hand-Eye-Calibration using Monocular X-Ray
In this paper, the simultaneous hand-eye/robot-world problem AX = ZB is performed using a single X-ray image instead of a stereo camera in order to avoid the additional tracking device. Our setup consists of a special X-ray marker, several image preprocessing steps, and a monocular pose estimation algorithm, for extracting the 6- D pose of the marker with respect to the X-ray source. Simulations are performed to investigate the behavior of the proposed hand-eye method when including inaccuracies of the robot and the non-isotropic errors of monocular pose estimation. The simulations were evaluated in an experimental setup, reaching an accuracy of 0.06◦ and 0.77mm.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Zhuang H, Roth ZS, Sudhakar R. Simultaneous robot/world and tool/flange calibration by solving homogeneous transformation equations of the form AX=YB. IEEE Trans Rob Autom. 1994;10(4):549–554.Google Scholar
- 2.Dornaika F, Horaud R. Simultaneous robot-world and hand-eye calibration. IEEE Trans Rob Autom. 1998;14(4):617–622.Google Scholar
- 3.Shah M. Solving the robot-world/hand-eye calibration problem using the Kronecker product. J Mech Robot. 2013;5(3):031007–1–031007–7.Google Scholar
- 4.Li A, Wang L, Wu D. Simultaneous robot-world and hand-eye calibration using dual-quaternions and Kronecker product. Int J Phys Sci. 2010;5(10):1530–1536.Google Scholar
- 5.Hirsh RL, DeSouza GN, Kak AC. An iterative approach to the hand-eye and baseworld calibration problem. In: IEEE Int Conf Robot Autom. vol. 3. IEEE; 2001. p. 2171–2176.Google Scholar
- 6.Maier A, Choi JH, Keil A, et al. Analysis of vertical and horizontal circular C-arm trajectories. Proc SPIE. 2011;7961:7961231–8.Google Scholar
- 7.Marchand É, Spindler F, Chaumette F. ViSP for visual servoing: a generic software platform with a wide class of robot control skills. IEEE Robot Autom Mag. 2005;12(4):40–52.Google Scholar
- 8.Dementhon DF, Davis LS. Model-based object pose in 25 lines of code. Int J Comput Vis. 1995;15(1):123–141.Google Scholar
- 9.Lowe DG. Robust model-based motion tracking through the integration of search and estimation. Int J Comput Vis. 1992;8(2):113–122.Google Scholar
- 10.Ernst F, Richter L, Matthäus L, et al. Non-orthogonal tool/flange and robot/world calibration. Int J Med Robot. 2012;8(4):407–420.Google Scholar