Software Tools and Dashboards
Although CRM has the potential to provide firms the ability to optimize their marketing budgets and increase revenues, a subpar implementation stage can cost the firm millions of dollars, cause operational inefficiencies, or even drive away customers. In order to avoid these adverse results, firms should recognize and understand the various CRM implementation strategies that are best fitted to their needs. This chapter shows three strategies associated with CRM implementations as being: (1) developing in-house software, (2) purchasing licensed software from a third party vendor, and (3) outsourcing to a managed service provider. As well as identifying them, the chapter investigates the various degrees and methods of customization that exist within each strategy while weighing the costs and benefits of each one. Finally, the chapter describes the implementation of these strategies as two options: (a) Stage wise implementation, and (b) Enterprise-wise implementation, each of which has its own unique advantages and disadvantages. By showing the distinct CRM strategies and the possible methods of implementation, the chapter shows that with careful consideration, a successful implementation of a CRM system can be achieved.
- Dubey, A., &. Wagle, D. (2007, May). Delivering software as a service. The McKinsey Quarterly, 2007, 1–12.Google Scholar
- Encore Business. (2011). Product availability, localization and translation guide for Microsoft Dynamics AX. http://www.encorebusiness.com/app/uploads/2013/12/MBS_AX_AvailabilityGuide_US.pdf. Accessed April 4, 2017.
- Fast Metrics. (2017). Internet speeds By country (Mbps). https://www.fastmetrics.com/internet-connection-speed-by-country.php. Accessed April 4, 2017.
- Oracle. (2009). DIRECTV extends use of Oracle CRM on demand with contact center application to improve service to dealers: Satellite provider builds on existing success with Oracle CRM on demand. http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/038290. Accessed October 26, 2009.
- Salesforce. (2016). American express redefines service with salesforce. https://www.salesforce.com/customer-success-stories/american-express/. Accessed April 4, 2017.
- Schaeffer, C. (2017). Global CRM implementation challenges. CRM Search. http://www.crmsearch.com/global-crm-challenges.php. Accessed April 4, 2017.
- Rosenbush, S. (2015). The key to Facebook’s productivity. The Wall Street Journal. https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-key-to-facebooks-productivity-1424664618. Accessed April 4, 2017.