Impact of CRM on Marketing Channels
This chapter deals with the aspect of CRM strategy implementation in relation to the management of different distribution channels through which companies interact with their customers. Current multichannel-issues that firms are facing nowadays are presented and insights into the management of the respective challenges are provided. In Sect. 12.2, the role of channels in creating and maintaining customer relationships is introduced including a discussion of emerging trends with regard to traditional and electronic channels. Furthermore, related chances and challenges for the implementation and maintenance of CRM are highlighted. The main part of this chapter captures attributes of the design of multichannel offers as well as giving instructions on how to do so successfully. Finally, worthwhile insights into the management of both multichannel systems and shoppers are given.
- Blattberg, R. C., Kim, B. D., & Neslin, S. A. (2008). Database marketing, analyzing and managing customers. New York: Springer.Google Scholar
- Coughlan, A. T., Anderson, E., Stern, L. W., & El-Ansary, A. I. (2006). Marketing channels. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall.Google Scholar
- Meola, A. (2016). Shoppers are hesitating to try click-and-collect services for one main reason. Business Insider. http://www.businessinsider.com/shoppers-hesitate-to-use-click-and-collect-2016-3?IR=T. Accessed May 11, 2017.
- Moriarty, R. T., & Moran, U. (1990). Managing hybrid marketing systems. Harvard Business Review, 68(6), 146–155.Google Scholar
- Myers, J. B., Pickersgill, A. D., & Van Metre, E. S. (2004). Steering customers to the right channels. The McKinsey Quarterly, 4(October), 36–47.Google Scholar
- Nunes, P. F., & Cespedes, F. V. (2003). The customer has escaped. Harvard Business Review, 81(11), 96–105.Google Scholar
- Petit de Meurville, M., Pham, K., & Trine, C. (2015). Shop on the Go. Business Today. http://www.businesstoday.in/magazine/lbs-case-study/case-study-tesco-virtually-created-new-market-based-on-country-lifestyle/story/214998.html. Accessed May 5, 2017.
- Reichheld, F. F., & Schefter, P. (2000). E-loyalty: Your secret weapon on the web. Harvard Business Review, 78(4), 105–113.Google Scholar
- Satariano, A. (2010). Apple passes PetroChina to become second-largest stock. Bloomberg. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-09-23/apple-passes-petrochina-to-become-world-s-second-largest-stock.html. Accessed July 10, 2011.
- Sinha, I. (2000). Cost transparency: The net’s real threat to prices and brands. Harvard Business Review, 78(2), 43–50.Google Scholar
- Teerling, M. L., & Huizingh, E. K. R. E. (2005). The complementarity between online and offline consumer attitudes and behavior. Working paper. Groningen, The Netherlands: University of Groningen.Google Scholar