Improve Communication and Appreciation
- 711 Downloads
Why are appreciation, transparency and open communication so difficult to achieve in hospitals?
How can you create a culture of open communication and appreciation?
How can you ensure that the receiver understands the information ‘correctly’?
How can you use the knowledge of the transactional analysis for your daily communication?
This chapter points out how to carry out personal appraisal and how to communicate in an adequate manner by choosing the right tools. You will learn more about the four ears of the addressee model, the transaction analysis and how you can apply it in your everyday work. Further, we highlight characteristics of the drama and winner triangle. The chapter ends by outlining the advantages of establishing a 180° feedback culture.
KeywordsOpen Communication Hospital Management Emergency Unit Adult State Feedback Session
References and Further Reading
- Balling R (2005) Diagnosis of organisational cultures. Trans Anal J 42:199–208Google Scholar
- Berne E (1964) Games people play: the psychology of human relations. In: The basic handbook of transactional analysis. Grove Press, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Harris TA (1969) I’m OK, – you're OK. Harper & Row, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Karpman S (1968) Fairy tales and script drama analysis. TAB 7:39–43Google Scholar
- Schulz Von Thun F (2010) Miteinander reden, vol 1–3. Rowohlt, ReinbekGoogle Scholar