Develop Your Vision and Communicate It
- 695 Downloads
How do you develop a vision of a successful hospital strategy?
How and when do you conduct a SWOT or ABC analysis?
How do you develop successful project and project portfolio management?
How can you apply lean management processes in your hospital?
This chapter enables you to move from your vision to the business processes. To do so we introduce the SWOT analysis, touch on business engineering, business models and business processes. Hence, project management and portfolio management with the various steps are pointed out. The chapter ends with the tools of lean management
KeywordsABC analysis Australasian Training Standards Business engineering Business model Business process Change management Continuous improvement process Core process GANTT chart Kaizen Leadership/management process Lean management Muda Pareto principle Parkinson’s law PMBOOK PRINCE2 Process Process maps Process portfolio Project management Project organisation Project planning triangle Project portfolio management Service process SMART project goals Stakeholder Strategy Success factor analysis SWOT analysis Vision Work break down structure
References and Further Reading
- ACEM (Australasian College for Emergency Medicine) (2005) Guidelines for Implementation of The Australasian Triage Scale in Emergency Depts. Revised 5 Aug 2005 http://www.acem.org.au/media/policies_and_guidelines/G24_Implementation__ATS.pdf
- Mintzberg H (1975) The manager’s job: folklore and fact. Harv Bus Rev 53(4):49–61Google Scholar
- OCG (Office of Government Commerce) (2009) Managing successful projects with PRINCE2 manual 2009. TSO (The Stationery Office), LondonGoogle Scholar
- Parkinson CN (1955) Parkinson’s law. Economist 177:635–637Google Scholar
- PMI (Project Management Institute) (2013) PMBOK – a guide to the project management body of knowledge, 5th edn. The Project Management Institute, SylvaGoogle Scholar
- Tanninecz G (2010) Best in healthcare getting better with Lean. http://www.lean.org/
- Womack JP, Jones DT (2003) Lean thinking: Banish waste and create wealth in your cooperation. Simon & Schuster, LondonGoogle Scholar