The Response of Large-Scale EV Charging Loads to Frequency
Part of the Power Systems book series (POWSYS)
Power system stability is a requirement for the security and economic operation of power system. Many major blackouts are caused by power system instability, which proves the importance of power system stability .
KeywordsPower System Power System Stability Response Power Traditional Unit Thermal Power Unit
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 1.Vassell GS. The northeast blackout of 1965. Public Utilities Fortnightly 1990;126(8).Google Scholar
- 8.Wang XW, Han XQ, Men RJ. Modeling and simulation of lead-acid battery in wind and solar power systems. Shanxi Electric Power. 2009;2:23–6 (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- 10.The Mathworks, Inc. Matlab R2009b help document: battery-implement generic battery model, TheMathworks, Inc., Natick, MA, USA; 2009.Google Scholar
- 12.Chan MSW, Chau KT, Chan CC. Modeling of electric vehicle chargers industrial. Proceedings of the 24th Annual Conference of the IEEE. IEEE. 1998;1:433–438.Google Scholar
- 13.Huang SF. Research on harmonic of electric vehicle chargers. Beijing: Beijing Jiaotong University; 2008 (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- 14.Li N. Harmonic study of different types of electric vehicle chargers. Beijing: Beijing Jiaotong University; 2010 (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- 15.Chen XQ, Li P, Hu WT, et al. Analysis of impacts of electric vehicle charger on power grid harmonic. Electric Power. 2008;41(9):31–6 (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- 16.Lu YX, Zhang M, Pu XW. Harmonic study of electric vehicle chargers. Proc CSU EPSA. 2006;18(3):51–4 (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- 17.Yilmaz M, Krein PT. Review of benefits and challenges of vehicle-to-grid technology. Proceeding of Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition (ECCE), IEEE. IEEE, 2012. p. 3082–3089.Google Scholar
- 20.Dong X, Shi S, Wang B, et al. The offline accident of the large-scale wind generator system and its protection & control scheme 2012.Google Scholar
- 24.Cready E, Lippert J, Pihl J, et al. Technical and economic feasibility of applying used EV batteries in stationary applications. Sandia National Labs., Albuquerque, NM (US); Sandia National Labs., Livermore, CA (US), 2003.Google Scholar
- 26.Sekyung H, Soohee H, Sezaki K. Development of an optimal vehicle-to-grid aggregator for frequency regulation. IEEE Trans Smart Grid. 2010;1(1):65–72.Google Scholar
- 27.Pillai JR, Bak-Jensen B. Integration of vehicle-to-grid in the western danish power system. IEEE Trans. on Sustainable Energy. 2011;2(1):12–9.Google Scholar
- 28.Liang L, Zhong J, Jiao Z. Frequency regulation for a power system with wind power and battery energy storage. Proceedings of IEEE International Conference on Power System Technology. IEEE 2012. p. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 29.Larsen E, Chandrashekhara DK, Østergård J. Electric vehicles for improved operation of power systems with high wind power penetration. Proceedings of Energy 2030 Conference IEEE. IEEE 2008. p. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 31.Garcia R, Lopes JAP. Electric vehicle integration into modern power networks. Springer Science & Business Media; 2012.Google Scholar
- 32.Zhong H, Huan H, Zhi Z, et al. Optimization Design on Boiler-turbine Coordinated Control System with Automatic Generation Control. Proceedings of Power System Technology and IEEE Power India Conference 2008. p. 1–6.Google Scholar
- 33.Wang R, Liu Z, Song X, et al. Matlab-based simulations of primary frequency control for large thermal generating unit. Power Syst Technol. 2009;33(14):42–6.Google Scholar
- 34.Energy Storage—a Cheaper, Faster, & Cleaner Alternative to Conventional Frequency Regulation. http://www.ice-energy.com/stuff/contentmgr/files/1/76d44bfc1077e7fad6425102e55c0491/download/cesa_energy_storage_for_frequency_regulation.pdf.
- 35.Han H. The study on the control strategy of V2G participating peak regulation and frequency regulation of the grid. Beijing Jiaotong University; 2011. (In Chinese).Google Scholar
- 36.Kempton W, Udo V, Huber K, et al. A test of vehicle-to-grid (V2G) for energy storage and frequency regulation in the PJM system. 2008. http://www.udel.edu/V2G/resources/test-v2g-in-pjm-jan09.pdf.
- 38.Kundur P. Power system stability and control. New York: McGraw-Hill Inc.; 1994.Google Scholar
- 39.Mili L, Center NV. Taxonomy of the characteristics of power system operating states. In 2nd NSF-VT Resilient and Sustainable Critical Infrastructures (RESIN) Workshop, Tucson, AZ, Jan. 2011. p. 13–15.Google Scholar
- 41.One million electric vehicles by 2015. http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/pdfs/1_million_electric_vehicles_rpt.pdf.
- 42.Federal Government of Germany. German's federal government national electromobility development plan. 2009.Google Scholar
© Science Press, Beijing and Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2016