The Inverted Data Warehouse Based on TARGIT Xbone
We present TARGIT’s Xbone memory-based analytics server and define the concept of an Inverted Data Warehouse (IDW). We demonstrate the high-performance analytics properties of this particular design, as well as its resistance to failures. Additionally, we present a large scale solution in which TARGIT Xbone and IDW are implemented incorporating Google search data. The solution is used for so-called Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and can reveal interesting information about Google’s algorithmic behavior on specific searches. Finally, we demonstrate the combined TARGIT Xbone and IDW to be very cost-effective and thus available to small enterprises that would normally not benefit from Big Data analytics.
This work was supported by TARGIT and Center for Data-Intensive Systems (Daisy) at Aalborg University.
- 1.Few, S.: Show Me the Numbers: Designing Tables and Graphs to Enlighten. Analytics Press, US (2012)Google Scholar
- 2.Cern,N.H.,: Where the Big Bang meets big data. TechRepublic. www.techrepublic.com/blog/european-technology/cern-where-the-big-bang-meets-big-data/, as of 14 Aug 2013
- 3.Roe, C.: IDC summary. The Growth of Unstructured Data: What To Do with All Those Zettabytes? Dataversity. www.dataversity.net/the-growth-of-unstructured-data-what-are-we-going-to-do-with-all-those-zettabytes/, 12 Aug 2013
- 4.Kimball, R.: The Data Warehouse Lifecycle Toolkit: Expert Methods for Designing, Developing, and Deploying Data Warehouses. Wiley, New York (1998)Google Scholar
- 5.Middelfart, M.: CALM: Computer Aided Leadership and Management. iUniverse (2005)Google Scholar
- 6.Middelfart, M.: Improving business intelligence speed and quality through the OODA concept. In: Proceeding of DOLAP, pp. 97–98 (2007)Google Scholar
- 7.Middelfart, M.: Presentation of data using meta-morphing. US Patent 7,779,018. Issued 17 Aug 2010Google Scholar
- 8.Middelfart, M.: Method and user interface for making a presentation of data using meta-morphing. US Patent 7,783,628. Issued 24 Aug 2010Google Scholar
- 9.Middelfart, M.: Hyper related OLAP. US Patent 8,468,444. Issued 18 June 2013Google Scholar
- 10.Middelfart, M.: Intelligent Wizard for human language interaction in Business Intelligence. To appear in eBISS 2013Google Scholar
- 11.Wikipedia. Column-oriented DBMS en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Column-oriented_DBMS, 21 Aug 2013
- 12.TARGIT. TARGIT Xbone - Ad-hoc analytics for everyone www.targit.com/en/experience-targit/products/xbone, 12 Aug 2013