Research Progress on TWSTFT Mobile Calibration Station
To achieve more precision calibration between two any signal system’ ground stations of two-way satellite time and frequency transfer (TWSTFT), a new TWSTFT calibration method is proposed based on two TWSTFT mobile stations to calibrate systematic error of time comparison between any two ground stations. Two TWSTFT mobile stations are developed. To measure the systemic error between the two mobile stations, a zero baseline comparison experiment is designed. The standard deviation of equipment delay of two mobile stations are respective 0.102, 0.038 ns. The standard deviation of systematic error of zero baseline comparison is 0.124 ns. To validate function of two mobile stations, a long baseline comparison experiment is designed between two ground stations at Tianjin and Lintong. The result is highly consistent with GPS Common-View comparison between two stations. To farther validate performance of two mobile stations, a long baseline comparison experiment be designed between two ground stations at Changchun and Lintong. The result is shown that the standard deviation of clock difference of two ground stations is 0.347 ns after moving the drift of cesium atomic clock at Changchun. The two TWSTFT mobile stations can implement calibration of systematic error of time comparison between any two ground stations.
KeywordsTwo-way satellite time and frequency transfer (TWSTFT) TWSTFT mobile calibration station Zero baseline Long baseline
Thank the National Astronomical Observatory of Changchun Satellite observatory and Wuqing station to support and help for our work. This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 61127901).
- 1.Lin H-T, Liao C-S, Chu F-D et al (2011) Full utilization of TWSTT network data for the short-term stability and uncertainty improvement. IEEE Trans Instrum Meas 60(7):2564–2569Google Scholar
- 2.Liao C-S, Lin H-T, Chu F-D et al (2011) Formation of a real-time time scale with Asia-Pacific TWSTFT network data. IEEE Trans Instrum Meas 60(7):2667–2672Google Scholar
- 3.Wu W, Li Z, Yang X et al (2012) Sagnac effect on two-way satellite time and frequency transfer. J Astronautics 33(7):936–941Google Scholar
- 4.Piester D, Achkar J, Becker J et al (2006) Calibration of six European TWSTFT earth stations using a portable station. In: Proceedings of the 20th European frequency and time forum, Braunschweig, Germany, 27–30 Mar 2006, pp 460–467Google Scholar
- 5.Piester D, Bauch A, Breakiron L et al (2008) Time transfer with nanosecond accuracy for the realization of international atomic time. Metrologia 45(2):185–198Google Scholar
- 6.Piester D, Hlavac´ R, Achkar J et al (2005) Calibration of four European TWSTFT earth stations with a portable station through INTELSAT 903. In: Proceedings of the 19th European frequency and time forum, Besancon, France, 21–24 Mar 2005, pp 354–359Google Scholar