A Study on Measuring Channel Bias in GNSS Receiver
The Channel Bias of GNSS Receiver affects the precise measurement of navigation signals. It is important to correct the channel bias of GNSS Receiver for precise orbit and clock products in multi-GNSS data analysis. Based on the refined pseudorange observation error mode, the paper proposes a new method of measuring channel bias of GNSS Receiver by using GNSS simulator, which can measure the bias in the same frequency of the same system, between the different frequencies, between the different systems. Finally, this paper uses this method to test three types of iGMAS receivers, the results show that the channel bias in the same frequency is about 0.01 ns, while that in the different frequencies and the different systems is about 0.1 and 20 ns respectively, and all these bias are related with the receiver type.
KeywordsGNSS receiver Channel bias iGMAS GNSS simulator
Appreciate for iGMAS’s provision of the testing environment and data in this research.
- 1.Johnson G, Zaugg T (2001) Measuring interchannel bias in GPS receivers. In: Proceeding of ION 57th annual meetingGoogle Scholar
- 2.Gao Y, Heroux P, Liao X (1999) GPS instrumental bias between receivers. In: Proceeding of ION GPS-99Google Scholar
- 3.Wilson BD, Mannucci AJ (1993) Instrumental bias in ionospheric measurements derived from GPS data. In: Proceeding of ION GPS-93Google Scholar
- 4.Schaer S (1999) Mapping and predicting the earth’s ionosphere using the global positioning system. Ph.D. thesis, Bern Univerity, SwitzerlandGoogle Scholar
- 5.Donny H, Bishop RH, Harris RB, Tolman B (2008) Inter-frequency bias estimation for the GPS monitor station network. In: Proceeding of ION GNSS 2008Google Scholar
- 6.Dhital A, Morrison A, Lachapelle G (2011) Improvement of GNSS positioning with proper calibration of inter-channel and inter-element bias in receiver front-ends. In: 24th International technical meeting of the satellite division of the institute of navigationGoogle Scholar
- 7.Hansen AJ (2002) Tomographic estimation of the ionosphere using terrestial GPS sensors. PhD. Thesis, Standford UniversityGoogle Scholar
- 8.Zhang X, Mou W, Sun G, Ou G (2012) Multi-level GNSS signal simulator for multi system GNSS receiver developing. In: 25th International technical meeting of the satellite division of the institute of navigationGoogle Scholar