A Virtualization and Management Architecture of Micro-Datacenter
With the cloud computing, storage and computing resources are moving to remote resources such as virtual servers and storage systems in large DCs(Data Centers), which raise many performance and management challenges. We consider distributed cloud systems, which deploy micro DC that are geographically distributed over a large number of locations in a wide-area network. In this article, we also argue for a micro DC-based network model that provides higher-level connectivity and logical network abstraction that are integral parts of wellness applications. We revisit our previously proposed logical network models that are used to configure the logical wellness network.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Banikazemi M.; Olshefski D., Shaikh A., Tracey, J., Guohui Wang, “Meridian: platform for cloud network services,” Communications Magazine, IEEE, Vol. 51 pp. 120-127, 2013Google Scholar
- 2.Alicherry M., Lakshman T.V., “Network aware resource allocation in distributed INFOCOM, pp. 963-971, 2012Google Scholar
- 3.Mon-Yen Luo, Jun-Yi Chen, “Software Defined Networking across Distributed D over Cloud,” International Conference on Cloud Computing Technology and (CloudCom), pp. 615-622, 2013Google Scholar
- 4.M. F. Bari, R. Boutaba, R. Esteves, L. Z. Granville, M. Podlesny, M. G. Rabbani, Z M. F. Zhani, “Data Center Network Virtualization: A Survey,” Communications S Tutorials, IEEE, Vol. 15, pp. 909-928, 2013Google Scholar
- 5.Sunyoung Kang, Hyuncheol Kim, Seungae Kang, “Virtual private network for sports information,” Multimedia Tools and Applications, Online First Article, 2014Google Scholar
- 6.M.-Y. Luo and J.-Y. Chen, “Towards Network Virtualization Management for ] Cloud Systems,” International Conference on Cloud Computing, IEEE, 2013Google Scholar
- 7.Khethavath P., Thomas J., Chan-Tin E., Hong Liu, “Introducing a Distributed Cloi tecture with Efficient Resource Discovery and Optimal Resource Allocation”, IE vices (SERVICES), pp. 386-392, 2013Google Scholar
- 8.Shicong Meng, Ling Liu, Ting Wang, “State Monitoring in Cloud Datacenters”, Tra on Knowledge and Data Engineering, IEEE, Vol. 23, Issue 9, pp. 1328-1344, 2011Google Scholar
- 9.Hassan, Mohammad Mehedi, Song, Biao, Hossain, M.Shamim, Alamri, Atif, “Q Resource Provisioning for Big Data Processing in Cloud Computing Environment,Google Scholar
- 10.Haiying Shen, Guoxin Liu, “An Efficient and Trustworthy Resource Sharing Platform for Collaborative Cloud Computing,” Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, IEEE, Vol. 25, Issue 4, pp. 862–875, 2014Google Scholar