Dynamic Programming Based Metaheuristic for Energy Planning Problems
In this article, we propose DYNAMOP (DYNAmic programming using Metaheuristic for Optimization Problems) a new dynamic programming based on genetic algorithm to solve a hydro-scheduling problem. The representation which is based on a path in the graph of states of dynamic programming is adapted to dynamic structure of the problem and it allows to hybridize easily evolutionary algorithms with dynamic programming. DYNAMOP is tested on two case studies of hydro-scheduling problem with different price scenarios. Experiments indicate that the proposed approach performs considerably better than classical genetic algorithms and dynamic programming.
KeywordsGenetic Algorithm Dynamic Programming Price Scenario Basic Genetic Algorithm Dynamic Programming Solution
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bellman, R.E.: Dynamic Programming. Princeton University Press (1957)Google Scholar
- 2.Lew, A., Mauch, H.: Dynamic Programming. Springer (2006)Google Scholar
- 15.Park, Y.M., Park, J.B., Won, J.R.: A hybrid genetic algorithm/ dynamic programming approach to optimal long-term generation expansion planning. Elservier Science 20, 295–303 (1998)Google Scholar
- 16.Tospornsampan, J., Kita, I., Ishii, M., Kitamura, Y.: Optimization of a multiple reservoir system operation using a combination of genetic algorithm and discrete differential dynamic programming: a case study in mae klong system, thailand. Paddy and Water Environment 3(1), 29–38 (2005)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 17.Miranda, V., Srinivasan, D., Proena, L.M.: Evolutionary computation in power systems. Elservier Science 20, 89–98 (1998)Google Scholar
- 18.Lpez-Ibez, M., Dubois-Lacoste, J., Sttzle, T., Birattari, M.: The irace package, iterated race for automatic algorithm configuration. Technical report, IRIDIA (2011)Google Scholar