Exploiting Semantic Web Datasets: A Graph Pattern Based Approach
- 625 Downloads
In the last years, we have witnessed vast increase of Linked Data datasets not only in the volume, but also in number of various domains and across different sectors. However, due to the nature and techniques used within Linked Data, it is non-trivial work for normal users to quickly understand what is within the datasets, and even for tech-users to efficiently exploit the datasets. In this paper, we propose a graph pattern based framework for realising a customisable data exploitation. Atomic graph patterns are identified as building blocks to construct facilities in various exploitation scenarios. In particular, we demonstrate how such graph patterns can facilitate quick understandings about RDF datasets as well as how they can be utilised to help data exploitation tasks like concept level browsing, query generation and data enrichment.
KeywordsData Exploitation Graph Pattern Query Generation SPARQL Query Basic Graph Pattern
This research has been funded by the European Commission within the 7th Framework Programme/Maria Curie Industry-Academia Partnerships and Pathways schema/PEOPLE Work Programme 2011 project K-Drive number 286348 (cf. http://www.kdrive-project.eu). This work was also supported by NSFC with Grant No. 61105007 and by NUIST with Grant No. 20110429.
- 3.Auer, S., Demter, J., Martin, M., Lehmann, J.: LODStats – an extensible framework for high-performance dataset analytics. In: ten Teije, A., Völker, J., Handschuh, S., Stuckenschmidt, H., d’Acquin, M., Nikolov, A., Aussenac-Gilles, N., Hernandez, N. (eds.) EKAW 2012. LNCS, vol. 7603, pp. 353–362. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 4.Fokoue, A., Kershenbaum, A., Ma, L., Schonberg, E., Srinivas, K.: The summary abox: cutting ontologies down to size. In: Cruz, I., Decker, S., Allemang, D., Preist, C., Schwabe, D., Mika, P., Uschold, M., Aroyo, L.M. (eds.) ISWC 2006. LNCS, vol. 4273, pp. 343–356. Springer, Heidelberg (2006)CrossRefGoogle Scholar
- 5.Holst, T.: Structural analysis of unknown RDF datasets via SPARQL endpoints. Master thesis defense 11 (2013)Google Scholar
- 7.Pan, J.Z., Ren, Y., Wu, H., Zhu, M.: Query generation for semantic datasets. In: Proceedings of the seventh international conference on Knowledge capture, pp. 113–116. ACM (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Zhang, X., Cheng, G., Qu, Y.: Ontology summarization based on rdf sentence graph. In: Williamson, C.L., Zurko, M.E., Patel-Schneider, P.F., Shenoy, P.J. (eds.) WWW, pp. 707–716. ACM (2007)Google Scholar