On Separation of Vehicle Noise for Limit Setting in Future Legislation
This paper will propose to take a next step to find a consensus method and separation of vehicle noise from track noise to be used for legislative purposes and this method may in addition reduce or eliminate the need for detailed track quality characterization in TSI certification of rolling stock.
KeywordsTest Site Rolling Stock Reference Track Reference Vehicle Sound Power Level
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.2011/229/EU. Commission Decision of 4 April 2011 concerning the technical specification for interoperability relating to the subsystem ‘rolling stock – noise’ of the trans-European conventional rail system (2011)Google Scholar
- 2.Leth, S., Frid, A.: Track quality extrapolation for railway vehicle pass-by noise. In: ICSV, vol. 16 (2009)Google Scholar
- 3.ISO 3095:2013. Acoustics – Railway applications – Measurement of noise emitted by railbound vehiclesGoogle Scholar
- 5.prCEN/TR 1-1:2013.14. Railway applications – Noise emission – Measurement method for combined roughness, track decay rates and transfer functionsGoogle Scholar
- 6.STAIRRS – Final Technical Report (December 2003)Google Scholar
- 7.METARAIL Project – Final Report for Publication (December 1999)Google Scholar
- 8.Létourneaux, F., Meunier, N., Fodiman, P.: Small deviations procedure: a new way to introduce flexibility in the conformity assessment of reference tracks for pass-by acoustic tests. In: Maeda, T., Gautier, P.-E., Hanson, C.E., Hemsworth, B., Nelson, J.T., Schulte-Werning, B., Thompson, D., de Vos, P. (eds.) Noise and Vibration Mitigation for Rail Transportation Systems. NNFM, vol. 118, pp. 523–531. Springer, Heidelberg (2012)CrossRefGoogle Scholar