Indirect Method of Rail Roughness Measurement – VUKV Implementation and Initial Results
The paper deals with one of the indirect methods of rail roughness measurement – the axle-box acceleration measurement. This method has been developed by British Rail Research in the 1980s . VUKV is adapting this method to the VUKV test car and to Czech railway conditions. First of all, the influence of out-of-roundness of the axle bearing on the axle-box acceleration was examined. After that, acceleration measurements were performed on different types of tracks. The acceleration was converted to deflection and compared with the direct measurement of acoustic roughness.
KeywordsAcceleration Sensor Train Speed Acceleration Measurement Test Ring Slab Track
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Lewis, R.B., Richard, A.W.: A new method for the routine measurement of rail head corrugations. Rail International 17(2), 37–41 (1986)Google Scholar
- 2.Czolbe, C., Bühler, S.: Erfassung der Schienenrauheiten durch indirekte Messung – Ergebnisse vom Eisenbahnnetz der Schweiz. ZEVrail, pp. 32–39 (2010)Google Scholar
- 3.European Union. COMMISSION DECISION of 23 December 2005: technical specification for interoperability relating to the subsystem ‘rolling stock — noise’ of the trans-European conventional rail system. In: 2005. 2006/66/EC, http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/site/en/oj/2006/l_037/l_03720060208en00010049.pdf
- 4.Thompson, D.: Railway Noise and Vibration, Mechanisms, Modelling and Means of Control. Elsevier, Southampton (2009) ISBN 978-0-08-045147-3Google Scholar
- 5.Beschleunigungsaufnehmer und Schwingungsmesstechnik von Metra. MMF. (online). MMF. (cit. 1.5.2011), http://www.mmf.de
- 6.MEAS Prog., MEAS Prog. (cit. May 1, 2011), http://www.measprog.com/
- 7.ISO EN 3095. Acoustics – Railway applications – Measurement of noise emitted by railbound vehicles (2013)Google Scholar
- 8.Projekt Novibrail, http://www.isvav.cz/projectDetail.do?rowId=TA01031267